JOB TITLE: TEST TECHNICIAN III
Reports directly to Test Department Manager/Supervisor and perform all aspects of board level and system level of testing and troubleshooting, while assisting with training to all levels test personnel.
- Performs In-Circuit-Test (ICT) and functional test to electronic assemblies according to MPI’s Test Procedures or Customer’s Test Procedures.
- Operates Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), Flying Probe, Universal Test System (UTS), Customer Designed Test Equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting to components level.
- Defines problems, collects data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to recognize failure trends and making suggestion to improve manufacturing process when needed.
- Write correspondence.
- Perform calibration tests.
- Responsible for meeting daily production goals, functions under time pressure.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of test area.
- Works with minimum or no supervision.
- ASEE or equivalent with 10+ years of related experience.
- Component Identification and IPC-610 Inspection trainings are required.
- Individuals must pass the Component ID and IPC-A-610 Solder Inspection Training.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of component identification is required.
- Proficient with Analog, Digital, Control, Memory, I/O, RF and Power circuits.
- Proficient with Analog, Digital, Control, Memory, I/O, FPGA, CPLD, High Speed
- Digital, RF, and Power circuits.
- Interpret Component Data Sheets.
- Familiar with JTAG Boundary Scan, PIC programming.
- Knowledge of test equipment: Oscilloscopes, RLC Meters, DVMs, Automatic Test
- Equipment (ATE), Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers,
- Programmable Power Supplies, and 2D X-ray.
- Familiar with JTAG, PIC, and boundary scan.
- Proficient at reading schematic and assembly drawings.
- Must be able to effectively work in team environment.
- Able to accept changes in a positive manner.
- Communicates and listens effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Contributes to a positive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficiency with working knowledge of MPI’s Shop Floor Tracking System (Aegis) software is required.
SHIFT: 1st Shift (7:00 am – 3:30 pm)
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
JOB LOCATION: Seymour, CT
JOB CODE: 1556