QUALITY ENGINEER - SUPPLY
Develops processes and systems that align with Company plans and initiatives, and that ensure the quality, reliability and safety of procured products and services. Duties include adherence to applicable quality assurance and customer requirements, implementation of appropriate processes and practices at suppliers to ensure that products supplied to Company meet all requirements for quality / reliability / performance, participation / providing leadership in continuous improvement activities and training of personnel when required. This position will aggressively move our supplier base to “dock to point of use” status through early involvement during new part introduction processes, supplier selection / approval processes, and supplier improvement programs to include statistical and advanced quality planning techniques.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining Quality Assurance standards for Company suppliers.
- These standards shall adhere to Company Supplier Quality policies and ISO regulations to ensure that appropriate products and services are provided.
- Responsible for the quality of products manufactured at external manufacturers.
- Act as team leader for assuming and resolving supplier and procurement related issues.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with Supply Chain functions, supplier development and part certification programs for new and existing suppliers.
- Develop and implement supplier quality tracking system with appropriate metrics and reporting systems.
- Review suppliers purchase orders for appropriate quality requirements flow down.
- Plan, organize, and conduct audits, surveys, and inspections.
- Support company initiatives to develop and improve supplier performance and productivity.
- Initiate and follow-up Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR) in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing quality procedure to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and report on supplier quality-related activities to verify quality system, product and contract, or purchase order compliance.
- Complete first article inspections.
- Ensure that suppliers document and maintain an approved quality system to meet the appropriate company or customer requirement.
- Represent the company with suppliers to ensure that suppliers’ manufacturing and Quality System, special processes and products meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory and government regulations.
- Work closely with the Procurement Group to establish and maintain a Supplier Quality Scorecard (This is part of a bigger Supplier Scorecard that includes Delivery, Cost, Partnership, Advanced Quality Planning and Quality)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of supplier quality engineering experience within a machine shop, assembly, inspection and/or test environment, ideally with high precision parts and products
- Green Belt Certification is required
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information provided
- Hands-on experience with PPAP is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements.
- Demonstrate high level of computer literacy – proficient in developing spreadsheets (Excel preferred), utilizing word processing and databases, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make presentations and write concise reports for all levels of employees.
- Demonstrate analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 2 or more years of successful experience in quantitative role. Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handles multiple detail-oriented tasks.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of statistics, statistical sampling techniques and statistical process control.
- Knowledge of process validations, identification of key characteristics and Gage Repeatability and reproducibility.
- Ability to proactively work with suppliers to improve quality and resolve issues.
- Able to read blue prints and drawings.
- Position will require some travel (10-20%, possibly international).
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
JOB LOCATION: Van Nuys, CA
JOB CODE: 1569