We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer II ECS to become a part of our team! You will be required to perform a variety of engineering tasks, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operation efficiency.
JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER II - ECS
The Mechanical Engineer will carry out engineering assignments concerned with the planning, design and testing of mechanical equipment, systems, and processes. Works cooperatively with other departments. Supports higher level engineers for medium level complexity projects.
- Designs mechanical equipment, systems and processes.
- Performs calculations and analyses to ensure suitability of design.
- Solves problems related to the assembly, repair and test of environmental control systems.
- Under general supervision, performs assignments which involve responsibility for a secondary project or a part of a major project.
- Defense or aerospace industry experience desired.
- Experience in the development of thermal systems is a strong plus.
- Experience with electrical circuits and control theory a plus.
- May give directions and/or guidance to junior level engineers, designers and drafters.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.M.E) from four-year college or university or equivalent.
- Two to five years of experience with design, analysis and development of industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of applied thermodynamics and mechanical design.
- Knowledge of drawing and drafting standards a plus.
- Capable of carrying out assignments concerned with mechanical equipment.
- Works under supervision, performs assignments of medium complexity and may assist senior engineers with more complex assignments.
- Spreadsheets & word processing.
- CAD proficiency: PRO-E or Solidworks.
- Matlab experience a plus.
- Knowledge in analysis software is an advantage.
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience. Well within market
JOB LOCATION: Irvine, CA
JOB NUMBER: 1671