- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performs functions to plan, coordinate, control and direct activities involving the scheduling and release of engineering and production orders, the requisitioning of manufactured and purchased parts and the maintaining of effective inventory control records that include ensuring inventory system procedures and accuracy. Plans and executes production scheduling activities, sets up shop orders for assembly, including pick lists, stock orders and required material to fulfill customer order requirements. Participates in the Sales and Operations process. Adjusts work schedule as necessary to meet special order requirements. Identifies obsolete stock and removes from inventory. Interacts with purchasing, suppliers and manufacturing management to meet customer requirements and company strategy.
Production Materials Planning
- Manage MRP
- Complete part masters to reflect current purchasing / manufacturing practices (i.e.; buy/make, EOQ, standard cost, safety stock levels, assign planner and buyer codes, etc…)
- Complete bills of material to reflect current manufacturing practices (i.e.; adjust for yields, A/R, alternate materials, etc…).
- Ensure routings reflect current manufacturing practices (i.e.; correct process and queue times, overall cycle time, current manufacturing locations, etc…)
- Expedite late or critical orders to ensure on-time delivery and minimal delays to production schedules
- Manage material allocations for shop orders and customer requirements
- Work closely with Sales and Manufacturing to communicate any shortages that may affect the release of shop orders or impact customer deliveries
- Generate shop order packages and release to the stockroom for picking and issue
- Work closely with Manufacturing to determine the best location for the assembly of each shop order. Cost, capability, current loading and time availability are factors to be considered
- Generate all export paperwork and purchase orders required to ship shop orders to off-shore assembly partners. o Expedite completion of shop orders, at all locations
- Generate and manage all plating orders
- Manage the cycle count program to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of counts. Report results monthly.
- Ensure sufficient supplies of ‘floor stock’ materials
- Manage planned receipts to optimize inventory levels (push / pull, as required
Qualification and Requirements
- Associates degree in Business related field or equivalent experience
- Five (5) + years or more of demonstrated experience in inventory operations and control
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral; ability to respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints; ability to be persuasive. Ability to read and interpret documents, work instructions, routings, decision
- Basic math skills required with emphasis on the ability to compute rates, ratios and percentage
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft office applications and using a MRP system. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and make decisions in a timely manner
- Knowledge of APIC’s materials management concepts and principles, MRP calculations, capacity planning, production planning and shop floor controls
Get fresh Senior Materials Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.