MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
Vet2Tech Jackson, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Manage implementation of ECNs that affect the manufacturing process including routings and routers.
- Encourage growth and career development of employees by coaching and helping employees reach their goals. Develop team members into CI leaders.
- Analyze and assess current operational conditions, oversee the implementation of lean manufacturing projects in order to optimize manufacturing processes and ultimately achieve AOP SQDP results.
- Implement and follow up on all lean improvements and most importantly, sustain the results
- Identify/evaluate equipment requirements to support lean initiatives and manufacturing engineering projects
- Communicate plans, actions and results to the team through a visual management system
- Participate directly and indirectly in all Kaizen events
- Assist product development engineering and advance manufacturing engineering for development of new product manufacturing processes
- Update standard work, work instructions, JSA’s and ergonomic assessments following any process improvement related changes due to CI
- Create equipment justifications aimed at process improvement.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related engineering degree. – OR – 10-15 years’ experience in lieu of degree preferred preferably in a sheet metal environment
- MBA and/or significant operations experience preferred
- 7+ years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Must have excellent project management and proven cross-functional team leading skills.
- Ability to read blue prints at an advanced level
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- ERP system knowledge at an intermediate level
- CAD or 3D modeling system operation knowledge at an intermediate level
- Knowledge of sheet metal uses and formation, sheet metal working, and sheet metal applied technology at an advanced level
- Ability to think spatially and creatively at an advanced level
- Must have proven experience in performing time studies and setting routing standards
- Ability to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and safety
- Experience in defining, justifying and implementing capital improvement projects
- Extensive knowledge of all Lean tools
Vet2TechWhy Work Here?
Our company offers competitive compensation and long-term opportunities.
Vet2Tech is committed to recruiting and placing Veterans and Non-Veterans a variety of careers nationwide in employment opportunities in manufacturing and technical careers.