FRONT LINE SUPERVISOR - DRYING
Supervise shift operations on a daily basis. Activities include scheduling of work, monitoring of quality, planning for staffing for 24-hour periods, daily reviews of operations and maintenance of a safe work environment. The Dryer Area Shift Supervisor is also responsible for close communication with the latex area to plan and coordinate the production schedule on a short and a long-term basis. Part of this coordination with the latex area includes responsibility for coordination of emergency response activities in the plant, including close coordination with and assistance of outside emergency response agencies.
- Provide scheduling and communication for daily drying operations.
- Effectively communicate daily production schedule to all operators in drying unit.
- Provide direct supervision to unionized employees.
- Properly provide guidance to operators for equipment setup for maintenance.
- Monitor adherence to plant safety procedures and work with employees at all levels to improve plant safety and 5S performance.
- Troubleshoot acute maintenance problems and implement innovative solutions to improve plant productivity and performance.
- Attend specialized training as required to support new plant equipment and systems.
- Conduct monthly shift meetings with unionized employees.
- Certify and re-certify operators when appropriate.
- Enter payroll information into Kronos system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to perform the following:
- Encourage employees to achieve maximum output with safety and environmental impact foremost in their minds.
- Coordinate treatment of injuries to personnel, respond to environmental releases, and manage any emergency situations or plant evacuations.
- Safe-out equipment for maintenance by plant employees and outside contractors.
- Reduce accidents and on-the-job injuries by focusing on unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and developing safety awareness.
- Coordinate production of the highest quality product to meet customer demand and specification.
- Monitor QA results and respond with appropriate adjustments to keep the process on target.
- Investigate all out of control occurrences and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Instruct operators to follow all procedures to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate drying schedule with the latex area for each day in order to maximize the effective utilization of process equipment to meet the production schedule.
- Conduct effective trouble shooting of the process equipment as required to minimize downtime and maintain the production schedule.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, fellow supervisors, Maintenance Coordinators, Schedulers, QA personnel, and management to clearly present the status of the process, required schedules, problems encountered, and any anticipated needs for the future.
- Continuously seeks ways to improve performance of our facility's operation and ensures that customers' (both internal and external) needs are met.
- Adhere to the quality system.
- Maintain adequate training for plant hazardous waste to potentially package hazardous waste, operate a satellite accumulation container, or transport a hazardous waste to a hazardous waste storage area.
The Production Supervisor is a critical role in maintaining a cohesive team for the operation of the production area.
Due to the responsibilities for directing and assisting in emergency response, the Dryer Foreman is trained and qualified in hazardous material response at the technician level (40 hr Hazmat class).
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
JOB LOCATION: Louisville, KY
JOB NUMBER: 1509