EMISSIONS TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Integrate subsystems to meet complex testing requirements of emissions test laboratories.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop solutions with appropriate input.
- Must be able to take charge of projects and drive to completion while working with Project Manager to manage cost and time estimates.
- Ownership of large complex test systems.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Act as a liaison and company representative with customers.
- Set-up and troubleshoot test and measurement systems
- Integrate auxiliary equipment into test system
- Write and implement custom tests.
- Provide project engineering technical support.
- Help desk consultation.
- Develop and present training.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Five years of experience in test automation equipment preferred.
- C++/C#, Visual Basic programming languages knowledge
- Emissions testing methodology knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with automotive emissions legislation preferred
- Web development experience is preferred
- Experience with real-time and non-real-time data acquisition systems
- Understanding of emissions sampling and analysis concepts.
- Background in internal combustion engine theory and operation.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PC operation, structure, MS Windows, and computer networking required
PAY RATE: Commensurate with experience
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (Bay area)
JOB NUMBER: 1514