Network Systems Engineer - Remote within the US
- Posted: over a month ago
Remote Role - US
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- Our Teams - Our colleagues and our clients define our team.
- Our Integrity - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- Our Ingenuity - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- Our Performance - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
The Network Systems Engineer I is responsible for installing, configuring, and administering physical systems, virtual systems, storage, networks, and software releases and upgrades, under supervision of the IT Infrastructure Manager. This position is also responsible for providing backup support for existing Network System Engineers and input into the design and strategy of future IT initiatives.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide engineering-level guidance and technical support for the company's multiple software and hardware platforms:
- .Net, Active Directory, Azure, Barracuda Load Balancer, Cisco Switching/Routing, Cohesity, Crowdstrike, Dell Servers, NGFW, IIS, Infoblox, Meraki, Netapp, O365, Powershell, Proofpoint, Pure Storage, Solarwinds Orion, VMware
- Configure servers, application programs, scripts, and support automated code push tools to facilitate software changes and enhancements to DEV/QA/STAGE/PROD environments.
- Serve as the key contact for certain platforms and associated applications. Stay current with all platform upgrades and enhancements. Work with vendors and internal technical teams to resolve issues.
- Monitor assigned system and application performance to maintain agreed performance metrics. Take proactive steps to improve performance when necessary. Escalate issues to management.
- Provide backup support to other members of the Systems Engineering Team, supporting multiple Active Directory domains in a virtualized datacenter, using VMWare and other enterprise technologies.
- Participate in technical on-call services and off hours work when required.
- Prepare, and deliver detailed presentations to management to illustrate ideas for technical or process improvement.
- Share support of all Infrastructure applications in the company’s portfolio.
- Perform expedited root cause analysis and escalate the issue to the appropriate teams when necessary.
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Attend project meetings and provide technical direction to PMO for IT recommendations and resources.
► Key Qualifications
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in enterprise infrastructure support role is required.
- Project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure) required.
- Required experience with the following:
- Azure, VMWare, and all supported Windows Server versions as well as enterprise storage platforms (including Pure Storage and NetApp).
- IIS/.Net support, from a system/server support role.
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory server/client environment.
- Barracuda Load Balancing.
- Required working knowledge in the following areas:
- Principles and practices of programming (scripting) and systems analysis required.
- Computer and networking theory, design, and application.
- Practices, methods and procedures of computer hardware and software installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Current developments in Information Technology.
- Operation and configuration of a variety of computer hardware, software, and related data communication systems.
- Establishing and maintaining network performance by building network configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values
► Additional Requirements
- Travel to Vestcom facilities, and data centers is required up to 10% of the time.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Vestcom (an Avery Dennison Company)
AddressLittle Rock, AR
TechnologyView all jobs at Vestcom (an Avery Dennison Company)