IT Project Analyst - Remote (close to any major US City)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
The primary objective of IT Project Analysts is to maintain standard workflow processes as well as identify, document, and train stakeholders in new or improved workflow processes. Workfront, a third party, online workflow management tool, is the principal tool used for organizing and executing workflows. IT Project Analysts’ duties include Workfront project administration, project onboarding and closure, sprint project management, reporting, issue management, process improvement, documentation, and coordination. IT Project Analysts work daily with various stakeholders, including our customer service PM teams, roughly 12 distinct teams within IT, production facility team members, accounting, and others. Excellent understanding of standard project management practices is required for most projects including management of project plans, quoting, resources availability, project scheduling, prioritization, communicating status updates, and change management. Beyond standard project management skills, the ITPA position will require an evolving understanding of client business rules and technical processes unique to Vestcom.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Workfront Project Administration – Uses Workfront to manage the project and tasks within the project to show burndown, resource utilization, project progress and documentation.
- Project Onboarding and Closure - Drives project onboarding and closure including the following processes: business requirement reviews, quoting, scheduling, resource management, and closure.
- Sprint Project Management - Manages project portfolios for clients which include the following duties: continually developing knowledge of client business rules and technical systems used to perform work, publishing project schedules to stakeholders, maintaining project plans, sponsoring meetings between client rep and IT resources, identifying, and helping to overcome obstacles, and providing progress reports as needed.
- Reporting – Creates, monitors, and trains users on Workfront reports that drive processes including billing, performance monitoring, time tracking, project onboarding / closure, issue management, work queues belonging to teams outside IT and inform leadership of project status.
- Issue Management – Supports the Helpdesk issue management process in Workfront through answering questions and assisting IT with maintaining their Helpdesk issue queues as needed.
- IT Process Improvement – Identifies workflow inefficiencies and then creates processes for, documents, and trains stakeholders in new or improved workflows.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
► Key Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Communications, or related field; 2+ years of related Information Technology project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- PMI Project Management Professional (“PMP”) certification a plus.
- Previous experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project for project tracking and resource scheduling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively inform/update internal and external stakeholders regularly on status and immediately on any issues.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project management and change management initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Workfront experience a plus.
- Teamwork Skills – ability to work with diverse teams with often competing agendas.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high velocity of change and with limited knowledge and/or information about business requirements or deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize work requests from multiple requestors and with limited resource availability
- Personal desire to perform at a high level in the following areas: exceptional project management service to stakeholders inside and outside the IT department; high quality and timely project deliverables; excellent verbal and written communications in all messaging to stakeholders from emails to process documentation.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values
► Additional Requirements
- Travel may be required as needed to support clients.
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Vestcom (an Avery Dennison Company)
AddressSouth Easton, MA
TechnologyView all jobs at Vestcom (an Avery Dennison Company)