Director, Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vestaron is leading a peptide-based revolution in crop protection. The company is dedicated to improving the safety, efficacy and sustainability of crop protection through migration from chemical pesticides to biological peptides. Vestaron’s peptides provide growers with novel crop protection solutions that address proven targets and provide efficacy on par with or better than traditional chemical pesticides. Its peptides overcome existing resistance issues while offering a desired safety profile for workers, beneficials and the environment. Vestaron has earned global recognition for its work, including the inaugural 2015 Bernard Blum Award for a novel biocontrol solution, the prestigious Green Chemistry Challenge Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2020 and “Best New Biologic Product” at the 2021 IHS Markit Crop Science Awards.
Vestaron is currently recruiting a Director, IT, to join our team in the headquarters office in Durham, NC. The new role will report to the CFO. The candidate will ensure that information technology infrastructure and systems provide the most accurate and current information to the organization to assist with decision-making, resource deployment, and business priorities.
- Identifies the IT strategy and related solutions to support technology capabilities for Vestaron
- Works collaboratively to use technology and include technology applications as an integral part of day-to-day operations
- Assists in planning for both the organic growth of the IT department as well as cultivating 3rd-party vendor relationships to meet company business objectives
- Manages implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans, including procedures, deadlines, and accountability
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress/risks of IT projects to all stakeholders and implements risk-mitigation efforts as needed
- Evaluates and implements IT procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
- Ensures users are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service
- Structures, leads, trains, and develops IT support for maximum effectiveness. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Develops and maintains the company Disaster Recovery Plan
- Develops/selects and conducts user training on an as-needed basis
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by identifying and attending educational workshops that have an impact on job responsibilities; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; state-of-the-art benchmark practices; participating in professional societies
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant experience
- Master’s degree in information technology or business preferred
- Agritech or Biotech Industry experience
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proven track record of creating business plans to drive IT strategy and operations in a rapidly growing organization
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects of moderate to complex scope
- A minimum of five years of experience managing Information Technology professionals
- A minimum of seven years of work experience of a progressively responsible nature in systems analysis, information systems management, network operating systems, software applications/support, hardware/software troubleshooting, project management, or programming of a variety of integrated applications
- A minimum of five years of budget administration within an Information Technology or related computer/information systems department
Why Join Us?
Join the Revolution…
With an innovative and accomplished leadership team guiding our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a long-term vision that supports our efforts, we set out daily to improve the safety, efficacy and sustainability of crop protection through migration from synthetic pesticides to peptide-based biopesticides. Our team is empowered to solve problems and find solutions that will advance the science and commercialization of peptides. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents and contributes to harnessing the Power of Peptides® for the benefit of the environment and industry, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable assets, and our culture conveys that.
In August 2019 we opened our new headquarter in the heart of RTP (Research Triangle Park, NC), a global center of Agricultural Technology and Innovation. Our new office located in the Frontier complex, a vibrant work environment where the development of restaurants, shops and hotels is underway.
Our R&D center is in Kalamazoo, MI, within the Western Michigan University Innovation Center. The 69,000-square-foot, purpose-built incubator and co-working space was created to support companies from the earliest start-ups to maturing organizations with office and conference space, high-quality shared scientific equipment and resources, and a wide range of support services.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
We invite you to apply to join a company developing the products, processes and relationships to lead the advancement of the biological peptide industry, beginning with the pesticide markets.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Vestaron is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Vestaron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
TechnologyView all jobs at Vestaron Corporation