Senior Property Manager
Vestar Properties Inc Long Beach, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE
Vestar is a nationally recognized leader in the acquisition, management, leasing and development of retail real estate with a significant market share in the Western US. Vestar has over 30 million square feet currently under operation and management and has been acknowledged by both institutional and private-client investors as an industry leader.
Since its inception in 1989, Vestar has become synonymous with integrity and responsibility. As one of the leading privately held real estate companies in the western United States, Vestar acquires, develops, and manages retail and entertainment destinations of varying size and scale that serve as destinations and community focal points.
The position of Senior Property Manager is to provide the direct supervision of a portfolio of physical assets and the staff required to facilitate the operation of those assets managed by Vestar. Their supervision includes the monitoring of both the physical and financial aspects of the properties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct supervision and training of office support staff, including Assistant Property Manager and Administrative Assistants;
- The preparation of annual budgets (Please see annual budget instruction section);
- Enforcement of project leases and other governing documents (CC&R’s, REA’s, OEA’s, etc.;)
- Ensuring landlord compliance to all governmental and non-governmental laws which effect the property;
- Invoicing and collection for all charges outlined under the leases or other property documents which govern the property;
- Informing ownership of occurrences, which may affect the property and influence, the owner’s decision-making process (i.e.: new projects in the trade area, road closures, tenant bankruptcies, etc.);
- Negotiating and document, with the direct approval of the Vice President, all lease renewals, and if applicable new leases;
- Prepare annual Common Area Maintenance Reconciliation’s;
- Recommend and prepare bids for ownership review on capital projects;
- Supervise property Merchants Association ad Marketing if required;
- Supervise Specialty Leasing program if required;
- Ensure that tenants issues and concerns are being responded to in a timely manner;
- Completion of monthly cash flow forecasts and operating reports;
- Collection of rents and other charges;
- Compliance by tenants to lease requirements;
- Regular property inspections;
- Insuring that vacant suites are in lease ready condition; and
- Coordination of Tenant move-in and move-out.
- Collection of tenant gross sales information;
- Working with VP of Management to assist with the completion of regional projects.
- Successful for their tenants and in the operation of their properties;
- Enthusiastically dedicated to the fact that all of their efforts are in one-way or another productive of benefits;
- Understanding of the fact that in order to be effective they must devote their attention to a continuing flow of major and minor situations;
- Adaptable and able to deal with difficult situations, even though these troublesome decisions may be assigned to others within the division;
- Possessed with a clean concept of essential accounting procedures, and although they may not be personally involved in the day-to-day processes, creates the framework and evaluates the results;
- Able to maintain office records and files, which are available for ready reference;
- Adaptable to change or improvements that will enhance the economy, efficiency and productiveness of every aspect of management performance;
- Able to direct the efficient and productive performance of each of their employees and/or the coordination of members of other areas of the division;
- Self-disciplined to the point that they are unruffled by annoyances or disappointments which they accept as integral parts of their professional activities;
- Cheerful toward the owner/partners, employees, tenants and all others who come in contact with them in the conduct of business;
- Pleasantly uncompromising when it comes to matters of established policy;
- Diplomatic and their lines of communication are always open;
- Prompt to respond to all inquiries and makes certain their organization is always available to handle emergencies;
- Honest and having strong moral principles and integrity;
- An innovator and creator, uses their unique talents and skills to insure maximum income and minimum expenses consistent with the long-term economic and physical welfare of properties entrusted to their care.
- Dedicated team player and willing to help coach and mentor other employees within the company.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable)
Will directly supervise applicable Property Management staff which typically includes an Assistant Property Manager and/or an Administrative Assistant.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year College Degree
- 8+ years’ of direct Property Management Experience
Vestar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and we hire the most qualified candidates without regard for age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, language differences, nationality or national origin, family or marital status, physical, mental, and developmental abilities (or the perception of a disability), genetic information, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, skin color, social or economic class, education, work and behavioral styles, political affiliation, military service, caste, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Eligibility: Applicants must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Vestar.
Vestar Properties Inc
AddressLong Beach, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Vestar Properties Inc