TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepares detail and layout drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of theoretical and practical engineering knowledge. Assignments regularly include determining material needs and performing necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references.
· Supports field assignments and leads field walk-downs as required as well as assists field forces in resolving piping layout problems.
· Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for conformance with contract specifications.
· Regularly interfaces with other engieering departments, clients, vendors, and project engineers in order to support project production and to resolve conflicting priorities to ensure project completion schedules are met.
· Performs other related tasks in support of project engineer that are non-routine and complex in nature, such as writing procedures and specifications; analyzing bids; compiling, computing, and analyzing various structural design and/or test data; estimating; etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a candidate to have a high school graduate with votech training or 2-year drafting degree in basic drafting technology and typically 10+ years’ related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Candidate must demonstrate a sound understanding general arrangement (GA) drawings adn piping design concepts with minimal engineering input and a proficiency in utilizing computer-assisted techniques for difficult design applications. Must have clear understanding of Plant3D adn Autodesk Revit MEP data management and extraction of data for piping and equipment lists.