Vestal Corporation seeks unique and talented candidate interested in position of Project Manager. Significant client contact is involved in this position. Number of years of experience is less important that the actual experience, talent and potential.
This is a hands-on position rather than an administrative type. This perfect candidate for this "field general" position (not necessarily in any order of priority):
- Having grown up in the manufacturing, A&E and/or EPC industry with significant prior design production, lead design and project experience.
- Proven ability to maintain long term client relationships.
- Curiosity about and passion for all things in the built environment.
- Hands on.
- Detail oriented.
- Quality focused.
- Lean Design & Construction Experience preferred
- SCRUM Experience preferred
- Proficient with the tools of the trade and always adding new skills.
- Continuous learner.
- A natural engineer with high degree of engineering aptitude that is classically trained on fundamentals.
- Leader that is proactive, takes initiative and perseveres.
- Proficient communicator and writer for feasibility studies, consultant opinions, system selection, scopes of work, and proposals.
- Personality that meshes well with the rest of the team and with clients.
- Productive and hardworking.
- Willing to Travel when project requires it.
- Cost-compliant (design-build) design solutions.
- Leadership of Multi-disciplinary teams preparing fast-track packages.
- Fun projects.
- Profitable but not miopic management.
The position requires daily application of a broad range of AEC-type multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering skills, many of which the candidate will bring and some of which the candidate is enthusiastically interested in learning on the job:
- Significant functional knowledge and use of design codes and design standards is required.
- Project Controls methods and procedures.
- Application of engineering handbooks and manuals.
- Capable to manage project controls for design projects.
- Prior working proficiency with design tools.
- Confident and skilled with scheduling design and construction.
- Familiarity in managing design of BIM-based design projects.
- Familiarity with current sustainability trends is a plus.
Vestal Corporation is a medium-sized St. Louis-based multidisciplinary Engineering, Architecture and construction consulting firm. We are known for our leadership in integrated project delivery, including leading edge technology platforms.
Client types include Owners, Large Design-Build Industrial Contractors and Federal & State Government. Project types included both new construction and remodel. Project Sizes vary from small to very large. Work areas is mostly region, but includes projects located both nationally and in other North American countries such as Mexico. For example, we are currently heavily involved in the design and construction teams in just 3 hours from San Antonio, Texas what will become the largest brewery in the world.
If interested in or moving up into this exciting and challenging growth position, please send your resume.