TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepares 3D piping specifications, general arrangement drawings, pipe modeling, piping and support details.
· Familiarity with LiDAR laser scanning.
. Field walk-downs as required to identify existing conditions and tie-in points.
. Coordinating piping with other disciplines, such as electrical and structural.
· Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ shop drawings and submittals for conformance with contract specifications.
· Coordinating with 3rd party process vendors, fabricators and suppliers in order to support project production and to resolve conflicting priorities to ensure project completion schedules are met.
· Extracting and creating isometric drawings, spool diagrams and bill of material take-offs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a candidate to have a high school graduate with votech training or 2-year drafting degree in basic drafting technology and typically +5 years’ related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Candidate must demonstrate a sound understanding general arrangement (GA) drawings and piping design concepts with minimal engineering input and a proficiency in utilizing computer-assisted techniques for difficult design applications. Must have clear understanding of Plant3D, Autodesk Revit MEP, Navisworks and Revizto.