- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're smaller right now, and intend to stay staffed small and highly efficient. We're only hiring Project Managers with experience and capacity. And back-office team members will be expected to be very hands-on and efficient as well.
Our compensation structure is market-rate DOE with substantial but achievable quarterly performance bonus and a generous yearly employee profit share. This would be an opportunity to work with an up and coming builder that has substantial backing and pipeline and a strong road ahead with plenty of opportunities for advancement.
You'd have the following responsibilities as Project Manager:
- Use project scope of work to determine and define the best plan to complete each task effectively.
- Coordinate material procurement so materials are there when needed and running to get materials is kept to a minimum.
- Manage construction schedule and activities Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes Manage subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Maintain quality execution and keep job clean and orderly.
- Return materials not needed in a timely manner to keep site clean and obtain proper credit.
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors Ability to anticipate problems and proactively come up with solutions.
- Provide feedback to owner/ client regarding processes, procedures and employee performance to improve our overall building experience.
- Coordinate with independent contractors to efficiently manage our production schedule Coordinate with client, designers, suppliers, ordering construction materials as needed.
- Inspect all deliveries, ensuring the materials are the right quantity and quality and are properly placed at the job site.
- Monitor quality of all workmanship in detail. Stop work when necessary and provide training to independent contractors as needed.
- Communicate with independent contractors and suppliers to ensure timely completion of work.
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to resolve construction and budget issues.
- Ensure all site policies are adhered to, especially safety and cleanliness standards.
- Provide regular communication with homeowners to inform them of progress on their homes and build and maintain goodwill throughout the construction process.
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floor plans. Previous Estimating experience is highly desirable. Must possess deep expertise in standard construction practices. Proven ability to deliver project on time and on budget. Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for demanding clients. Deep knowledge of industry safety practices. Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn new software.
Qualifications for Construction Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture preferred.
- A skilled tradesperson with exemplary supervisory experience may be considered.
- 2-7 years of experience in project management within construction for a custom home builder or professional remodeler.
- Previous Estimating experience preferred.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Strong leadership and management
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree a plus!
- Professionalism in manner and attire.
- Please have job related references at the ready if selected for interview.
- Willingness to travel to construction site(s) daily.
- This is a field management position.
- Willingness to work weekends and extended hours as necessary to meet production milestones.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds, push and pull heavy items on a regular basis, stoop, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time.:
Vesta Homes LCWhy Work Here?
Great Team Doing Great Things
8371 S State StreetSandy, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at Vesta Homes LC