The Verus Healthcare Patient Sales Representative is responsible for making outbound & taking inbound sales calls from customers requesting CPAP supplies. The Verus Healthcare Patient Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining positive patient relations and following all HIPPA guidelines.
- Shift: Monday-Thursday (9a-6p), Friday (8a-5p)
- Base + Commission (uncapped & paid out bi-weekly)
- Inbound intake
- Outbound sales calls
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly goals for: Sales conversion rates, Add- on sales, Outbound calls, after call work, other call stats, Quality assurance, Script compliance, Misc. goals set by supervisor and/or manager
- Obtain missing information from patient file; secondary insurance, e-mail, etc.
- Track orders shipped and provide follow up to patients as necessary
- Replace supplies if patient is unsatisfied with current order
- Answer inbound calls from patients providing excellent customer service
- Minimize returns through customer support and problem solving techniques
- Assist patients with technical support questions on equipment and supplies to satisfaction
- Escalate cancellation calls to Supervisor as appropriate
- Complete complaint forms if necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
Education: None Required
- Ability to maintain a friendly and cooperative working attitude. Ability to work independently and resolve recurring problems
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, ability to prioritize job responsibilities and excellent attendance
- Excellent communication / customer service skills High School education/ some college preferred
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, faxing, typing, personal computers and related software
Experience: 1 year(s) preferred in Related experience in call center, sales and customer service field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.