Senior IT Cloud Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior IT Cloud Technician
Digital Guru – Remote
The Tier 3 Technician position diagnoses, repairs, and maintains hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems for customers.
The Senior Systems Technician provides design and architecture solutions to customers using a high-level, organization wide view that ensures systems meet goals for availability, recoverability, performance, scale, and interoperability across the enterprise. This position also provides and maintains documentation of systems architecture, troubleshooting and support guidelines, system metrics, project information and plans, and training information for team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
- Upgrade systems to enable compatible software.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Install and upgrade anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Provide support to users and be the first point of contacts for error reporting.
- Define software, hardware, and network requirements.
- Establish good relationships with all customers, clients, and colleagues.
- Conduct daily backup operations.
- Manage technical documentation.
- Accurately follow Digital Guru operating policies and procedures, e.g. ticket system.
- Ticket system profile creation
- Email, domain, and virtual account creation
- In person training for ticket etiquette, company processes and procedures, and fielding questions.
- Manage company environment and employee settings for RepairShopr, PassPortal, Office 365.
- Onsite assistance for contract customers regarding new product/service rollout.
- Supervise and mentor lower-level techs through active ticket reviews and fielding questions.
- Create new processes and procedures for company efficiency while refining existing processes.
- Maintain catalog of ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ documents in the company wiki.
- Possess experience in the following fields and products.
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS)/Virtual Desktop
- Google Cloud Compute
- Microsoft 365/Azure, Intune
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- CyberCNS/Connect Secure
- Active Directory
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field a plus or equivalent in experience. Certification as IT Technician also a plus.
Must have 4 years' experience as a Systems Engineer (or equivalent) with 3 or more years of experience designing and implementing enterprise class technology solutions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES
The individual must possess these skills and abilities or explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentially required.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Cloud Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.