Frontdoor, Inc is a very profitable ($244.0M annual profit on $1.38B annual revenue), publicly traded B2C dot-com destination servicing more than 2 million consumer/homeowners across the entire US. Frontdoor is the leader within the broader $400 billion-dollar home services market and is taking an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed approach toward helping people deal with the hassles of owning a home.
Everybody at Frontdoor likes to think of themselves as a difference-maker for homeowners, delivering solutions powered by people and enabled by technology. We listen to our customers, share our expertise, anticipate their needs and fix their problems in the least frictionless manner. With more than 45 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds).
Simply, we make homeownership simple.
Fast Facts about Frontdoor, Inc:
• Publicly traded on NASDAQ
• Revenue $1.38 billion, Profit $244.0M
• CEO Rex Tibbens comes from Lyft, Amazon and Dell
• CTO Piras Thiyagarajan comes from Amazon, Sun Microsystems and Ridecell
• 2,000 Employees across five geographical offices
Frontdoor's software development philosophy is that software engineers are product focused. They work on a product and understand all layers of the software stack. The core skills that are applicable on a daily-basis are essentially the fundamentals of computer science and logical reasoning. Engineers are responsible for documentation, automated tests and of course writing the code itself.
• Write documentation for the code to be written.
• Write automated tests for code to be written.
• Implement functionality such that automated tests successfully pass and according to coding standards.
• Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation.
• Be on-call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team.
• Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans.
• Optimize performance of existing implementations.
• Own the product or component entirely.
• Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality.
• Prioritize tasks with the scrum master that leads the team to be successful.
• Masters in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
• Strong leadership skills with the capability to lead a team of 3 to 4 engineers technically.
• Track record of developing products in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
• Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge, conflict resolution of code.
• Deep understanding and experience in Docker, Kubernetes and AWS cloud services.
• BS in Computer Science.
• At least 5 years in product development experience.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures (trees, graphs, hash tables).
• Deep understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms such as sorts, searching and the capability to explain performance characteristics and complexity using Big-O notations.
• Capability to independently debug problems and analyze logs in production systems.
• Capability to read existing code.
• Strong understanding of various data storage options such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
• Fluency in SQL/SQL-like query.
• Strong scripting skill in Shell, Python or Ruby.
• Strong language skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Golang, .net Core.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Senior Engineer 110k - 140k + 15% bonus
Engineer - 80k - 110k + 10% bonus