Our client is a very profitable ($244.0M annual profit on $1.38B annual revenue), publicly traded B2C dot-com destination servicing more than 2 million consumer/homeowners across the entire US. It is the leader within the broader $400 billion-dollar home services market and is taking an Amazon.com-like customer obsessed approach toward helping people deal with the hassles of owning a home.
Everybody at the company likes to think of themselves as a difference-maker for homeowners, delivering solutions powered by people and enabled by technology. They listen to their customers, share their expertise, anticipate needs and fix problems in a frictionless manner. With more than 45 years of experience, the company responds to over four million service requests annually (or one request every eight seconds).
Simply, they make homeownership simple.
• Publicly traded on NASDAQ
• Revenue $1.38 billion, Profit $244.0M
• CEO comes from Lyft, Amazon and Dell
• CTO comes from Amazon, Sun Microsystems and Ridecell
• 2,000 Employees across five geographical offices
This is the job for you if:
• You are passionate about customer experience and problem solving.
• Enjoy building and leading a team of engineers.
• Understand that quality is the primordial currency.
• You like details and dive into the problem without any hesitation.
• You enjoy learning new things and not afraid of failure.
• You think big and don't settle for the minimum viable.
• You thrive by looking at data and make decisions based on objective lens.
• You welcome diversity and are comfortable being asked to explain your perspective by anyone at any level in the organization.
• Lead and grow a team of engineers (development and quality).
• Manage software development cycle on multiple products.
• Work with product management to come up with delightful experiences for customers.
• Manage architectural roadmap and be responsible for applications and services being delivered.
• Manage product documentation, third party integrations.
• Deliver realtime metrics and monitoring dashboards.
• Triage production problems yourself and with your team.
• Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
• Strong experience in Google Cloud and AWS environments.
• iOS and Android Application development experience.
• Experience managing remote teams and collaborating with teams across distributed geographies.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
• 10+ years software development experience.
• Strong design skills.
• Strong programming skills in one of the languages such as C, C++, Go, Java, Python, etc.
• 5+ years of people management experience in software development capacity.
• Strong computer science fundamentals.
• Strong writing skills and verbal communication.
• Experience developing high-traffic, high-volume services applications (e.g. 10k+ requests/sec, millions of users).
• Mobile development experience.
• Strong cloud development experience.