Supply Chain Logistics Specialist (Purchasing)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vertical Supply Group is seeking a highly motivated supply chain professional to support one of our business units. This position will help plan Logistics strategies, forecast demand, project expense and performance, and work with our team of purchasing specialists to ensure accurate analysis of Logistics expense. The person in this position is responsible for the overall Logistics cost effective performance and relationships with nominated service providers.
A Logistics Specialist is responsible for overseeing the supply chain for company products from the sourcing and procurement and manufacturing stage through to warehouse and distribution.
Their duties include Pre Booking, Booking, Rates data bases and updates, managing the Logistics spend and budget, reporting to supply chain to track open orders shipments and investigating late deliveries and or risks to on time in full delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with supply chain team to improve the analysis of Cost of Goods as it relates to Logistics expense.
Manage the process of the TRACKER including the Pre-Booking, Booking, Rates, dates, and data involved in product transport.
Use a TRACKER to maximize visibility to the Supply Chain stakeholders to track product shipments across multiple channels.
Process and negotiate and update Logistics quoted rates and invoices.
Familiar with import and export commercial regulations and ISO requirements as they apply to logistics.
Provide direction and guidance to purchasing staff to achieve departmental success.
Support high-priority purchase orders.
Support Logistics strategies to meet KPI expectations and adhere to inventory and purchasing budget.
• A Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in international Logistics and import/export.
• Must be self-motivated with strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate assigned tasks.
• Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize efficiently while staying on top of a wide variety of tasks.
• The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and maintain effective liaison with vendors & teammates alike is a must.
• The job requires negotiation, forecasting, advanced analytical skills and strong communication skills.
• Experience with ERP systems, as well as strong MS Excel capabilities.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Vertical Supply Group
496 Gallimore Dairy RdGreensboro, NC
Get fresh Supply Chain Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.