Vertical Supply Group is seeking a highly motivated individual who is proficient in demand planning, purchasing, and vendor management to join our growing team in Biddeford, Maine. This position will support our Sterling Rope Company business segment by assuming responsibility for managing our supply chain in such a way as to ensure production readiness and generate customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Conduct SKU-level demand planning and maintain purchase forecasts within a dynamic purchasing system
· Implement purchasing strategies to meet KPI expectations and adhere to inventory budget
· Manage on-hand inventory and conduct routine SKU rationalization to ensure inventory volumes remain within budget
· Maintain vendor relationships and ensure vendor performance is adequate to support the inventory needs of the company
· Search for and implement new vendors to help provide improved inventory performance, return on investment, and create a more robust supply chain to support the overall business
· Provide routine reporting and facilitate vendor engagement in all aspects of our supply chain
· Purchase and manage inventory of raw materials, purchased materials, finished goods, packaging, printed and promotional material, reviewing order schedules, and collaborating with production planning to ensure all materials and parts are available when needed.
· Collaborate with production planning staff to ensure that raw materials and supporting products will be available to avoid loss of production efficiency and delay in customer order fulfillment
· Maintain vendor and item data to help ensure accuracy within the ERP system
· Conduct routine physical stock counts and validate inventory levels as needed to help ensure inventory accuracy
· Additional duties include purchasing of non-inventory and supply items, support of trade shows and company events, provide redundancy for manufacturing planning department, assist operations with item-related issues in receiving, and assist finance team with PO-Invoice discrepancies
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with 2-3+ years of experience in purchasing and/or demand planning. A Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred. The candidate must possess the ability to organize and prioritize efficiently while staying on top of a wide variety of tasks. The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and maintain effective liaison with vendors & teammates alike is a must. The job requires negotiation, forecasting, advanced analytical skills and strong communication skills. The person in this job will need experience with ERP systems and demand planning/procurement software, as well as strong MS Excel capabilities.
Typical work environment is within an office, but the position does require occasional work on the production floor or in the inventory storage area. Individual must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to remain standing for periods of up to or exceeding one hour.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Vertical Supply Group
Why Work Here?VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, and Indiana, the Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities. VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Growing company with a great team of people!