Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be based in Greensboro, NC, and will report to the CFO. This individual will work closely with the CEO, CFO, COO, Controller, CTO, and VP of Sales to strategically analyze the business and proactively take steps to evaluate and optimize product pricing, financial reporting, price and volume trends, potential new product / new customer launches, capital expenditures, potential acquisitions, as well as other initiatives to be determined. VSG has many growth opportunities both organic and through M&A, providing significant opportunities for value-added analysis and strategic support as the company continues to scale.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote analytics and data-driven decision making for business initiatives across the organization
- Establish and monitor KPIs / metrics for all departments to help hold them accountable to measurable goals
- Help drive the annual budgeting and forecasting processes providing visibility on growth and profitability working with the CFO, COO, CTO, operations, and sales organization and marketing organizations
- Support growth capex investment decisions by analyzing capacity requirements and ROI impacts
- Own and prepare monthly financial results against budget and forecasts and help provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends, implications, and action plans
- Evaluate, recommend, and facilitate process improvements to enhance growth, efficiency, and profitability across all facets of the organization, including sales, operations / IT, freight & logistics, supply chain, finance / accounting, customer service, and human resources
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot potential bottlenecks / issues and help implement corrective actions to position the business for continued success
- Implement best practices for monthly reporting including robust metrics and expedited reporting
- Proactively anticipate business implications / future needs related to people, business, technology and help generate solutions that create and sustain value
- Own the creation of analysis and presentation materials for quarterly board meetings and ad hoc meetings
- Regularly provide the sales organization with insights and analysis to better inform sales efforts
- Work collaboratively across multiple lines of business/functions at various levels of the organization as well as with Gridiron
- Partner with IT to optimally leverage and enhance current systems and processes
- Conduct analysis for and participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions including evaluating major agreements, including vendor and customer contracts, as well as acquisition targets
- Assist with bank reporting and communication including covenant compliance and analysis associated with any potential changes to the capital structure
- Maintain and enhance the culture and values of the organization that will provide the setting for world-class shareholder, customer, employee, and strategic partner satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred, MBA a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- CPG, distribution and/or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Experience with SQL, BI tools, data transformation and relational data models
- Ability to consolidate data from disparate sources and translate data into actionable insights
- Experience with enterprise data stores
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis and forecasting, and deep-dive analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Experience communicating results to business leaders
- Collaborative and self-starter mentality
- Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- NetSuite skills are a plus
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Vertical Supply GroupWhy Work Here?
This is a growing company with a great team of people!
VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, and Canada, the Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities. VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Finance and Insurance