- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Account Manager position is an important role within the sales department. This high-energy individual will own and strategically work with their customer base to approach the market in a consultive selling manner.
A self-starter with strong personal, relationship building, and analytical skills coupled with creativity and an ability to handle multiple projects is a must. This individual needs to possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly as they will be working with multiple departments & customers within & outside the company.
· Develop and implement a 3-year strategy to increase the sales of our NSP account channel.
o Account management
o Acquisition of new customers
o Penetration of new, untapped segments
o Ability to build and follow an Expense and sales budget
· Work with the NSP Channel sales team to assist in creating the sales, service & training strategy for this portfolio of customers.
· Build and sustain relationships with all key decision makers in account portfolio.
· Meet or exceed all sales and revenue targets for this portfolio. Grow share of wallet!
· Present new product updates to ensure the customer base is aware of new purchase opportunities.
· Work directly with the Sales Director to develop and implement an effective strategy to grow the sales in all regions and segments.
· Plan, track and report sales results on a regular schedule.
· Effectively communicate with colleagues, customers and prospects to ensure quotes and bids are converted to sales.
· Provide customer support, training, including guidance on available inventory, order status & product knowledge.
· Make outbound calls to customers and NEW prospects to consult them on growing the sales with VSG in a strategic manner
· Support and attend trade shows, seminars and other events to promote the sale of products and services as needed.
· Other functions and projects as required and assigned by supervisor
· College degree and/or minimum of 5 years of experience in direct sales with account management oversight.
· Proven responsibility for producing sales/revenue in a fast paced, autonomous environment.
· Excellent phone skills, including scheduling and planning an efficient contact strategy.
· Excellent PC skills and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications a must.
· Knowledge of the markets being served is a strong plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required
· Effective and efficient negotiation skills a must
· Must have demonstrated strong relationship building and networking skills in a prior role.
· Ability to travel more than 15-20% of the time.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Vertical Supply Group
496 Gallimore Dairy RdGreensboro, NC
Get fresh Sales Account Manager Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.