AWS SRE Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
AWS SRE Consultant
Vertical Relevance is looking for an AWS SRE Consultant, to join our team as a full-time employee in our New York or New Jersey office or work remotely. This person is responsible for the end-to-end planning, building, and deploying of software systems. He/she will be able to drive the programming of well-constructed, testable code.
As an AWS SRE Consultant, you will implement technical solutions as part of a team for customer engagements. This role requires strong teamwork, communication, patience, and organization skills needed to drive customer success.
At Vertical Relevance we deliver with excellence through teamwork, automating everything, constantly learning and taking ownership for the outcomes our customers experience. Are you ready to join the team?
- Help customers shape their journey to adopting the cloud and provide our customers with technical and strategic guidance on their “cloud journey”.
- Consult, plan, design, and implement cloud solutions with customers
- Build and deploy infrastructure and automate observability and disaster recovery solutions for customers.
- Become a deep technical resource that earns our customer's trust.
- Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our customers build on the cloud.
- Innovate on behalf of customers and translate your thoughts into action yielding measurable results.
- Support solution development by conveying customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend expansion of capabilities through enhanced and new offerings.
- Assist with technical briefs that document solutions.
- Assist with reference architecture implementations.
- Support internal and external brand development through thought leadership:
- Work with Marketing/Alliances to write blog posts.
- Work with Marketing/Alliances to develop internal case studies.
- Professional experience architecting/operating observability, monitoring, and automated disaster recovery solutions built on AWS.
- Experience in software/technology customer facing experience.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Sample Activities You’ll Do
Creating a Self-Service Observability Framework
- Assist Customer with organizational hierarchy design and configuration templates
- Assist Customer in the development of referenceable playbooks, supported by relevant code examples around observability and monitoring solutions.
- Assist Customer in the development of automation of observability and monitoring
- Develop automation for providing monitoring and logging solutions.
- Alerts – develop automated alerts and thresholds for notification.
- Metrics – define metrics and retrieve data from various sources.
- Dashboards – Develop dashboarding solutions for providing response teams monitoring information.
- Assist Customer with the development of a report and supporting sample code addressing the controls as part of the playbook.
Creating a Disaster Recovery Framework
- Assist in selecting tools for building automated disaster recovery using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Assist Customer in the development of referenceable playbooks, supported by relevant code examples for application infrastructure failover.
- Assist Customer in the development of sample runbooks to automate the implementation of application and infrastructure disaster recovery code:
- Infrastructure-as-Code - Development of Infrastructure-as-Code specific to each application that can be used to automate the self-healing automation
- Disaster Recovery Workflows: Development of workflows to automate the DR strategy
- Assist Customer with the development of a report and supporting sample code addressing the application infrastructure code as part of the playbook.
Creating a GameDay Framework
- Assist Customers in defining Customer’s Gameday capabilities based on Customer’s identified business outcomes.
- Assist Customer with reviewing the resiliency strategy against Customer’s identified business outcomes, to include providing general recommendations to help Customer any observed gaps.
- Provide Customer with AWS general best practices that may help Customer refine resiliency and availability in their AWS environment.
- Design chaos and resiliency tests for applications.
- Assist Customer with defining the first iteration of minimum viable product (MVP) for their automated GameDays.
- Design, build, and implement test plans, strategies, and automated gameday testing
- Provisioning dashboards to monitor gamedays
- Guide GameDay events with customer teams
- Provide knowledge transfer to Customer’s stakeholders on the GameDay Framework
Relevant Technical Tools
- Primary Languages – Python, Bash
- Tooling, Services & Libraries – Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, DataDog, Splunk, Nagios, Grafana, Gremlin, Cloud Endure, Dynatrace
Relevant AWS Services
- AWS Infrastructure Scripting – CloudFormation, AWS CLI, AWS CDK
- AWS Storage Services – S3, Backup
- AWS Compute Services – EC2, ECS, EKS, ECR, Lambda
- AWS Database Services – RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora
- AWS Networking Services – VPC
- AWS Developer Services – Fault Injection Simulator
- AWS Management and Governance Services – AWS Organizations, CloudWatch, Auto Scaling, Config, CloudTrail, Systems Manager
- AWS Security, Identity, Compliance Services – IAM, Security Hub
- AWS Application Integration Services – SNS, SQS, Step Functions, EventBridge
Vertical Relevance was founded to help business leaders drive value through the design and delivery of effective transformation programs across people, processes, and systems. Our mission is to help firms at any stage of their journey develop custom solutions for success and growth. We provide a full range of services from strategy and design through to implementation and training. Our collective industry expertise is our greatest asset - our professionals have an average of 20+ years’ experience within Financial Services, across Wealth Management, Asset Management, Insurance, and Banking. Within our Customer Experience practice, we add complementary industry expertise (technology and media) synergizing the most relevant and successful customer trends. We focus wholly on your success by first rigorously assessing your business and technology challenges, and then right-sizing solutions that provide a meaningful ROI. With our industry experts hitting the ground running and focusing on nimble, quality delivery, we can see rapid, tangible improvements with our clients in productivity and effectiveness. When it makes sense for your company, we leverage our product partnerships in the areas of CRM, Sales Acceleration, Predictive Analytics, Digital Knowledge Management, and Cloud Transformation.
Vertical Relevance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?