Senior Financial Analyst
As a Senior Financial Analyst at company, you will be a member of company's Financial Information Center (FIC) – a team of highly motivated financial professionals whose primary responsibility is to provide financial and analytical support for the firm. You will monitor and respond to requests sent to FIC and respond to other ad-hoc requests from attorneys and management. The Senior Analyst will summarize large volumes of data in executive summary schedules and reports, develop financial models, and provide billing statistics and analytical support to attorneys, Finance & Accounting department management, and other firm management as requested. You will work with limited direction to develop new reports and to distribute monthly financial reports to managers across the firm. You will also work with the firm's Finance Managers on various projects that require in-depth analytical and critical thinking skills while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- ·Working in a team environment to complete ad-hoc financial analysis, reports and special projects related to client statistics and firm financial metrics.
- ·Utilizing analytical skills and expert knowledge of business, economics, finance, and accounting to complete complex tasks.
- ·Utilizing Elite financial system and Business Objects to obtain data and organize the information and build reports to facilitate effective analysis.
- ·Accurately interpreting requests for analysis and reporting to produce appropriate and correct final work product.
- ·Effectively communicating work product to colleagues across the firm through e-mail, phone, web conference, video conference, and in-person presentations. Answering any questions that may arise regarding the data and/or analytical methods and assumptions used to build the work product.
- ·Making recommendations to streamline workflow and process within the organization. Utilizing new technologies to automate tasks and reporting.
- ·Maintaining detailed records documenting procedures, methodologies, and sources of information employed while performing analytical tasks.
- ·Ensuring timely delivery of accurate and professional work product.
- ·Completing special projects as requested.
- ·Maintaining professional image within the Finance and Accounting department and projecting the same image to those outside the department.
- ·Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Senior Financial Analyst will possess excellent leadership skills including: organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making, displaying the ability to lead large, long-term, and complex projects from inception to completion and the ability to develop alternative solutions to meet goals. The Senior Analyst will also maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and changing task priorities. Excellent analytical skills are desired, as well as the ability to work independently to research, analyze, and develop financial information, the ability to draw conclusions from analysis and make recommendations to management, and the ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or related field is required.
- (5) or more years of related analytical experience in finance or accounting is desired. Experience at a professional services organization is desired, as well as experience in working on ad-hoc requests and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The Senior Analyst must display proficiency with a PC environment and related software and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus. Knowledge of Elite is a plus.
- Occasional travel is required of this position.