Project Manager - Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a well operations Project Manager for Vertex’s Engineering division
- 5-10 years of oil & gas well experience in US (Permian and Delaware basin experience preferred)
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- CET, PE., or PMP designations are preferred
- Experience as a project manager in a consulting capacity is an asset
- Fluency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Exposure to MS Project is a plus
- Experience with GIS mapping software (ESRI, Accumap, Geoscout, or similar)
- Fundamental understanding of regulatory framework for oil & gas operations
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Lead several field-based plug and abandon (P&A) and facility decommissioning teams
- Promote a “Safety First” culture within the field-based operations
- Conduct robust well file reviews in preparation for final wellbore P&A work
- Prepare field-level execution programs in accordance with relevant regulatory directives
- Generate cost estimates for scopes-of-work
- Generate area-based closure plans for major facilities, wellsite facilities, and pipeline systems
- Build a field team of wellsite supervisors and field foreman
- Plan crew mobilization and deployment schedules to maximize utilization and minimize travel time between sites
- Provide daily updates to clients on project progress
- Review field generated costs and update cost tracking systems
- Troubleshoot field problems and collaborate with on-site field foremen
- Compile and report safety metrics into Company systems
- Provide input on crew and equipment selection to maximize field productivity
- Work with Company leadership to develop new clients and opportunities
- This position will be based out of Texas (Midland or Dallas) or New Mexico (Carlsbad)
- Remote positions with appropriate experience are acceptable
- This position requires an individual with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Client focus is critical to success in the role and previous experience in a client role will be considered a benefit.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Vertex Resource Group
BusinessView all jobs at Vertex Resource Group