Our client is hiring a Systems Engineer to join their Epic Services team to build, support, and monitor systems. The System Engineer is responsible for daily administrative duties of systems including but not limited to account maintenance, performance management, error resolution, back-ups, and restores. The Systems Engineer provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Expand, migrate, and upgrade systems
- Provide administration for servers.
- Monitor performance of critical servers and applications.
- Capacity planning and determining the addition of new servers.
- Write code/scripts in admin languages for maintenance, automation, issue resolution, and alerts.
- Coordinate with other teams on the maintenance and integrity of system interfaces.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Provide support, 24x7, for system related issues
- Build and support directory services, desktop/mobile email, and/or network operating systems in an internet protocol environment.
- Administer Databases
- Administration and support duties of the applications software running on the servers.
- Strong knowledge building VMware ESXi hosts, deploying and configuring virtual machines
- Knowledge VM replication SRM across geographical locations
- Strong Knowledge of Cisco UCS blade Servers
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Operating System
- Experience with system automation and orchestration
- Creating and documenting standard operating procedures
- System implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience.
- Full life cycle of implementation with go-live support.
- Experience building, integrating and upgrading new systems in an enterprise IT environment.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Programming or other technical skills beneficial.
- Experience dealing with end users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
- User and vendor interaction.
- Knowledge of EPIC EHR beneficial
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- VMWare certification preferred
- Microsoft Certification preferred