Route Delivery Truck Drivers, Philadelphia
Vertex Global Solutions, Inc. Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Route Delivery Drivers are responsible for providing efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our customers within the Philly area. Drivers operate a refrigerated truck and also utilize hand-trucks or dolly's to assist when making deliveries. Our drivers deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time. They are expected to provide professional customer service and timely reporting to supervisors and assigned dispatchers regarding lateness, damaged or missing products.
- Provide an efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our depots within the Philly area
- Operates a refrigerated truck and also operates a hand truck to assist when making deliveries
- Deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time
- Provide professional customer service
- Provide timely reporting to supervisors and assigned dispatchers regarding lateness, damaged or missing products
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of RECENT commercial truck driving experience
- No degree required
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays
- Must be able to work a flexible shift (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50 lbs in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time [this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs]
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- Must have a strong commitment to customer service and safe
- Comfort /familiarity with basic smartphone operations
- Ability to utilize smartphones for two-way communication with our Operations Team
- Must embody and demonstrate company values and culture
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid NY, NJ, CT, MD, DE, VA, DC or PA driver license
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions independently
- Ability to navigate a route successfully & independently
- 3 points or less on a motor vehicle report
- No suspensions within the past 12 months and no more than 1 suspension in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 accident in the past three years
- Cannot have more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
Vertex Global Solutions, Inc.Why Work Here?
GROWTH FROM WITHIN - GREAT TEAM! ABILITY TO LEARN A REWARDING FIELD AND GET PEOPLE EMPLOYED
We know a resume doesn’t tell the whole story. That’s why we partner with each and every candidate, to get to know who they are, and connect opportunities to their unique career goals. Contact one of our recruitment specialists today, as not all of our positions are posted on our website.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Vertex Global Solutions, Inc.