Organizational Health & Development Specialist
Vertex Education Chandler, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CHANGING LIVES THROUGH EDUCATION!
Vertex Education is a management organization that provides business services to schools. Areas of support include academics, special education, finance, IT, facilities, food services, HR, communications and marketing, compliance and construction. The goal of Vertex Education is to be a resource and service to schools that are not able to offer these services in-house. Vertex currently manages 19 schools comprising 23,000 students and over 2,000 employees.
Do you have a passion for helping people through change? Do you want to design and drive programs that will leave a legacy of excellence in an organization that changes lives through education? The Organizational Health and Development (OHD) Specialist will support and enable Vertex’s transformation and Legacy’s growth through the daily oversight and execution of organizational health and development strategies. This role will have a direct impact on driving organizational success and enabling the success and growth of others while supporting the strategic priorities of the organization and the Organizational Health team. This is an opportunity to work in many areas of talent management, employee development, change management, talent planning, and employee engagement programs while directly influencing, creating, and executing on the people strategies that will ensure Vertex and Legacy become and remain an employer of choice.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
Integrated Talent Management
- Work with the HR Leadership to integrate and maintain Vertex’s and Legacy’s competency models into Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, L&D, Succession Planning, Career Planning, etc.
- Drive initiatives to enhance the employee experience and to support employee engagement.
- Maintain performance management processes to enhance and ensure clarity of performance measurement and conversations.
Employee Engagement and Culture
- Support culture and engagement initiatives from delivering surveys to executing engagement and culture enhancing programs.
- Lead and organize culture-driving committees.
Learning & Development
- Organize the set-up for all training classes including scheduling, trainer coordination, materials, room logistics, supplies, food and equipment.
- Draft communication to encourage participation.
- Support all training programs to include registration, reminders and tracking completion status.
- Act as a liaison for employees/ trainers with questions, etc.
- Manage organizational systems to track and report on the impact of classes including design, development, and deployment.
- Design and develop learning material in support of the leader development programs.
- Design and develop other learning material as needed in support of Vertex’s and Legacy’s strategies, and/or OHD strategy.
- Design and develop the onboarding learning material and support onboarding efforts as needed, including serving as an onboarding coordinator as needed.
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions.
Change Management and Communications
- Execute change management plans and strategies in support of Vertex’s, Legacy’s, and OHD’s strategic plans.
- Coordinate and/or compile change management communications, including written communications, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Create, maintain, evolve and manage change management communication tools and mechanisms
- Coordinate internal communications related to people-facing programs that align with the company culture and business objectives.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Two or more years of experience in organizational health and/or talent management.
- Five years of administrative support experience in a human resources, adult education or similar professional environment.
- Project management, instructional design, and change management experience preferred
- Familiarity with Korn Ferry competency modeling a plus
- College Degree preferred
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Written Communication
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Comfort with Ambiguity
- Interpersonal Savvy
The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- Travel between campuses is required from time to time.
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 25 pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times, talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods of concentration.
- Local and instate travel required.