The Provisioning Engineer I (PE) provides a combination of customer management and operational support related services to client projects involving advanced and core IP technologies. Provisioning Engineers are responsible for the delivery of provisioning and order management services which encompass one or more of the following areas: coordinating all aspects of a service order, interconnection and/or transport request; conduct order planning and tracking, perform turn-up (setting up port, configuring router and testing). Provisioning Engineers manage the customer experience as they move through the activation of their network service. They ensure timely communication with all stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Lend high quality support to Vertek Projects as required through performance of one or more of the following functions and duties:
· The PE may be required to provide training and technical support to clients at customer sites.
· Coordinate telecommunications service delivery related duties as required.
· Support projects as required by tracking new service and transport orders encompassing a range of technologies from legacy to emerging/advanced.
· Interface with multiple parties (customers, vendors, carriers or adjoining disciplines) to ensure smooth flow of communication between all stakeholders in support of project objectives.
· Serve as single-point of contact for the end customer on provisioning projects.
· Manage the delivery of QA related services as needed, serving as a checks and balance to ensure the integrity of client / project information.
· Research and validate customer data to fulfill project deliverables in both internal and external systems.
· Serve as a liaison with other organizational teams and functions as required (i.e. sales, provisioning, billing, customer care, etc.)
· Perform data entry into internal and external databases as required.
· Deliver project documentation, including technical diagrams and configurations.
· Maintain regular contact and communication with the customer as assigned to attain necessary information or provide updates on progress to other team members.
· Serve as a point of escalation for others as required. Use judgment in determining escalation requirements to internal management as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
· CCNA or CCDA certification Required
PREFERRED TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Core IP technology (addressing, routing, etc.)
· VPN / MPLS / SD-WAN / Cloud technologies working knowledge
· Working knowledge or firewall, security and CoS
· Data and/or Voice Expertise (preferably both)
· Telecommunications project management
· Customer Service Skills