Auto req ID: 569BR
Job Description: Versum Materials (NYSE: VSM) (versummaterials.com) is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets. Derived from the Latin word for "toward," the name "Versum" communicates the company's deep commitment to helping customers move toward the future by collaborating, innovating and creating cutting-edge solutions.
A global leader in technology, quality, safety and reliability, Versum is one of the world's largest suppliers of next generation CMP slurries, ultra-thin dielectric and metal film precursors, formulated cleans and etching products, and delivery equipment that has revolutionized the semiconductor industry. Versum Materials operated for more than three decades as a division of Air Products. An independent company since October 2016, Versum has annual sales of about US$1.1 billion, 2,200 employees and 14 major facilities in Asia and in North America. It is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, United States.
Technicians will be responsible for the safe operation of assigned chemical and/or gas distribution systems, with duties including:
- Handling and change-out of gas and chemical containers
- Gas and chemical equipment troubleshooting and preventative/repair maintenance
- Computer operations to support job functions and customer needs
- Support of quality systems
- Managing inventories/logistics of gases and chemicals
- Primary communication point to customer
Qualification / Requirements:
- High school diploma, technical degrees or relevant technical training
- Proven ability to work safely in industrial environments
- Mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and hands-on electrical/electronic experience
- Proficient in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent communication skills and strong technical writing skills
- Experience with chemicals, hazardous gases, and gas analysis (a plus)
- Must be a strong team player and able to work 12-hour shifts
- Willing to work on night shifts.
Technical School Graduates: Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Title: ENTRY LEVEL TECHNICIAN - SEMICONDUCTOR FIELD
Region: North America