Mobile Phlebotomist ( Paid Training )
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***All new employees must obtain primary Covid-19 vaccination (single dose Johnson & Johnson or 2 dosages of Pfizer/Moderna) prior to start date. ***
Want to work in a career that allows you to be a part of saving lives?
No medical experience? No problem! We provide full paid training.
Join the Versiti Donor Services team today!
What you can expect in this position:
We train all of our phlebotomists in the techniques that will help them advance their careers in health care, while working with a compassionate and mission-driven group of professionals.
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients’ urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee’s dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
To get you started on your journey with us, we begin with an eight-week paid training program. This includes four weeks of classroom training and four weeks of mentoring with an experienced, certified phlebotomist.
Are you ready to learn more?
What you will do:
- Perform accurate medical interviewing
- Determine donor eligibility
- Perform venipunctures / draw blood
- Ensure donor and recipient safety
- Work in donor center with donors
When you will work?
- Donor Center hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Full-time opportunity (32-40 hours weekly) with full benefits!
What’s in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
What you will need:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record
· Reliable transportation to and from work location
· Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with peers, donors and the general public
· A proven track record of customer service excellence and reliability
· Bilingual strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Knowledge of standardized work routines and methods, general facts and information and/or the use of simple equipment, machines and materials. Knowledge is usually acquired through training on the job.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other department manuals.
· Must have basic mathematical aptitude.
· Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
· Ability to organize work to provide productive work flow.
· Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
· Has strong attention to detail.
· Must have good communication skills, including the ability to provide feedback to peers.
· Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, and HemaTerra.
Tools and Technology
· Personal Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet).
· General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
· Vehicle navigation system.
· Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Screening equipment including:
· Sphygmomanometer (BP cuff)
· Temperature probe
· Hemoglobin analyzer
· Phlebotomy collection equipment including:
· Blood mixer
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Physical demands: Daily tasks include a mixture of standing, sitting, and walking. Hand-eye coordination with significant manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand motions. Reaching above the head and lifting up to 40-pound items occurs occasionally. Visual and hearing acuity to perform essential responsibilities. Looking at computer screens or small items is common.
· Mental demands: Requires ability to maintain a routine of intense concentration for long periods, as well as excellent cognitive, analytical, and memory ability.
· Environmental hazards: Frequent work with biohazardous material is completed in a donor center or mobile environment wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following internal policies, training, and OSHA standards. Moderate level of noise is present in the collection areas. Employee is frequently exposed to the public. Exposure to various temperatures will occur.
Watch to learn more about the position at www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLjeFLYBVaU.
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
2575 Aero-Park DrTraverse City, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Versiti, Inc.
Get fresh Mobile Phlebotomist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.