JOB TITLE: Sr. Network Engineer DevOps
The Sr. Network DevOps Engineer is responsible for serving as the SME across all Network and Network Security technologies, with a particular focus on security and automation. The successful applicant will have good business acumen, ensuring that prescribed solutions are appropriate for the situation and seamlessly accommodate existing and proposed business processes and requirements.
The applicant will lead the design of solutions leveraging existing and emerging networking technologies from Cisco, Fortinet, HP and others and will have a deep understanding of Cloud, Security, Routing and Wireless Technologies
The successful applicant will be a self-starting, naturally curious and innovative thought-leader, leveraging original thought to initiate and improve business processes and their applications through network technologies. An Outcome-orientation is also expected, with an understanding that the merits of any technical solution are based entirely on the ability to meet and satisfy business requirements.
The applicant will act as an example for Versiant employees and customers, typifying the characteristics and traits that demonstrate a commitment to deploy industry-leading technologies that solve business problems efficiently, effectively and within budgetary constraints.
· In a Microsoft Azure cloud environment, plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network components.
· Experience with the major architectural configurations of Microsoft Exchange: Cloud-base, On-Premise and Hybrid.
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting, with an emphasis on programmatic instantiation and configuration management of cloud-based environments.
· Performs problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network changes and patch/update levels
· Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting
· Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
· Acts as escalation point for any customer service concern or need that cannot be immediately resolve by the Versiant Service Desk.
· Maintains technical expertise in all relevant areas of network technologies including hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
· Proposes solutions to management that meet communication requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings
· Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems
· Imparts knowledge on other members of the Versiant team, through objective feedback and training.
· May need to coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
· 6+ years of directly relevant experience with industry network products
· 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience deploying and configuring within cloud instances
· Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies or similar cloud technologies
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow, traffic and packet analysis •
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, strings, hexdump, md5sum, systools)
· Experience with Security Event Incident Management, Log Correlation and Network Behavior Anomaly detection systems (ArcSight, QRadar , Splunk, Mazu, Arbor, etc)
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with IDS systems (e.g., SNORT, SourceFire, Proventia, BroIDS) Demonstrated experience with one of more of the following: BGP, IGRP, DNS, VVRP, resilient network design, VLAN's, VPN's, NetFlow, packet capture technologies •
· Experience and/or familiarity with ACLs, IAVAs, and Certification & Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to network engineering lifecycles
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
· Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques for networks
· Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology
· BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Related work experience and certifications may be substituted for general degree level education.
Required General Skills:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Valid driver license with a good driving record and provide own transportation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up 20 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Customer environments may require specific Health, Safety and Environmental requirements or use of specific Personal Protection Equipment. Individual is expected to understand and comply with all such industry standard requirements as they are presented.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or similar certification
· DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I certification Desired Certifications
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· IAT level II certification (e.g., Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, GCIH, GSEC certifications)
· Agile software development methodology certification (e.g. Scrum Master)