In this role as Controller, you will report to the owners of the company and will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s accounting and financial reporting including: time tracking; revenue management; and expense management. The Controller provides a control point for various financial transactions and regularly interfaces with the company’s sales and delivery teams. This position is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
You will be primarily responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's financial functions, which includes managing the data entry process, general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, sales commissions, and payroll.
You will be expected to work with the management team and contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices, as well as preparing budgets and facilitating various programs around the company, and other related tasks as assigned.
This position requires a strong leadership and supervisory background and must know how to handle problems quickly and efficiently. Great communication skills are a must in this position.
Previous experience working with a Value Added Reseller (VAR) or similar business a plus!
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following):
- Review financial statements and data, and utilize this information to improve profitability;
- Establish accounting and financial controls necessary to ensure the integrity of the company’s accounting;
- Prepare and control operational budgets and plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company;
- Develop, direct and manage annual budgeting and planning for the organization;
- Manage cash-flow of the company, including establishing schedules for the payment of bills, inventory orders, and other financial obligations;
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the Owners of the Company;
- Review of new accounts and credit terms with vendors;
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecast organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting;
- Reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports and fulfilling tax-related requirements;
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties;
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans;
- Provide consulting services on matters related to tax and insurance questions, benefits, business structure and growth, etc.;
- Exercise specific approval authority for purchases and SOW approvals within established policy.
- Strong background and work experience in Finance;
- Must have budget development and oversight experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives;
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills - must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous commitments;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (sometimes virtually);
- Quickbooks experience required;
- QCommission experience a plus!
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft MS Office products (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc), Autotask, SalesForce;
- Critical thinking ability;
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view;
- Persuasive with details and facts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, MBA preferred;
- 5-10 years in Financial & Operational Management;
- Experience with software integrations (ie, Varcommerce, Autotask, etc);
- VAR Industry relevant work experience;
- Experience in forecasting and creating pro formas;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices;
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management;
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices, and;
- General knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
Versatile delivers best-in-class information technology and emerging cloud solutions aligned to our clients’ business and IT needs. Our pledge to excellence—delivering trust, respect, care, commitment, and integrity—is the driving force behind every client engagement.
Versatile’s full-service, comprehensive, and scalable suite of managed and professional services are layered with deep experience, market knowledge, and the versatility businesses need to keep pace with the technology curve and thrive.
We offer competitive salaries, growth opportunities, as well as an excellent benefits package!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Why Work Here?Versatile was founded in 1994 and is made up of the best people in the IT and cloud solutions business. We are the IT problem solvers, solution providers, advisors, and architects whose deep expertise across a broad range of industries help businesses fulfill their goals and thrive. Versatile delivers best-in-class information technology and emerging cloud solutions aligned to our clients’ business and IT needs. Our pledge to excellence—delivering trust, respect, care, commitment, and integrity—is the driving force behind every client engagement. Versatile’s full-service, comprehensive, and scalable suite of managed and professional services are layered with deep experience, market knowledge, and the versatility businesses need to keep pace with the technology curve and thrive. We offer competitive salaries, growth opportunities, as well as an excellent benefits package! WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
25+ years in business, lots of growth opportunities, great company benefits, and the ability to work alongside many talented professionals!