- Posted: over a month ago
Upon award of the UFC Inspection contract on or about July 2022, Versar will provide facility inspection teams that identify engineering deficiencies for new and existing construction in accordance with (IAW) various Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) standards. Targeted services include:
- Perform evaluations IAW UFC 1-201-02 to establish compliance with minimum life safety and habitability requirements.
- Perform inspections on in-progress construction efforts IAW applicable UFC standards.
- Review plans for military construction projects, facility modernization, rehabilitation programs, or self-help projects for compliance with the appropriate UFC standards.
The inspection teams will be primarily located in Kuwait or Jordan with inspection assignments anywhere within the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) area of responsibility (AOR) including Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, UAE, Uzbekistan, and Yemen. All services will be performed at existing and future US Military and coalition occupied facilities.
- US Candidate: Shall hold an active "Journeyman Electrician" license, "Master Electrician" license issued by a U.S. Governmental body, including a license issued by a city/county/State, or equivalent qualifications/certifications for states that do not issue licenses). Two years of experience in one of the electricians' trade occupations directly applicable to the electrical systems related to commercial and industrial buildings. Must be considered a Qualified Person IAW NFPA 70, 2020 edition.
- UK Candidate: Shall have successfully completed the "Level Three National Vocational Qualification (NVQ), or recognized approved apprenticeship (4 years), or Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Diploma in Installing Electro technical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and Environment)" from an accredited organization registered with the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation in the United Kingdom with at least two years of experience in one of the electricians' trade occupations directly applicable to the electrical systems related to commercial and industrial buildings. Must be considered a Skilled Person IAW British Standard 7671, 18th edition.
- International experience and CENTCOM specific experience is preferred.
- The candidate must be a US citizen or a citizen from a NATO participating country that is able to obtain a US or NATO secret security clearance.
- The candidate must have the ability to work under austere conditions in the CENTCOM AOR and must pass a medical screening physical to obtain a "fitness for duty" letter.
- The candidate must pass a background check and be cleared by the US government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Passport with a minimum of 18 months before expiration.
- Candidates should expect to work six days a week, 12 hours a day
- Lodging and transportation will be provided by Versar or the US Government. Meals will be provided by the US Government in Dining Facilities or by Versar through Per Diem reimbursement.
- The candidate must commit to a one-year employment term. During this term, the candidate will receive two, two-week Rest and Relaxation periods outside of CENTCOM.
- Standard US wages will be uplifted for remote working conditions, and an elevated workweek of up to 72 hours per week.
Versar is a Federal Contractor, in accordance with the Executive Order (EO) 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Versar has adopted a Policy to comply with the Vaccine Mandate that all employees be vaccinated to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID 19.
ConstructionView all jobs at Versar, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?