DHS Network Engineer (Mid) (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
BayFirst Solutions, a subsidiary of Versar, Inc., is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the enterprise architecture, design, development and deployment of network services in support of the Department of Homeland Security’s Wide Area Network. The position supports a variety of network technologies such as Cisco routing/switching, Cisco VPN, F5 GTM/LTM load-balancing, Palo Alto firewalls, Broadcom (BlueCoat) Proxies and others. The ideal candidate will be able to support DHS Component/Customer and Enterprise solution designs and implementations, Core network technology refresh projects, Cloud integration and migration projects, incident ticket troubleshooting and providing input to for DHS network modernization architecture and design efforts.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work with DHS components and customers to develop WAN network solutions to meet the requirements of their respective organizations, while complying with the DHS’s network architecture and design standards.
- Produce SELC project artifacts such as requirements, design documents, diagrams and other required documentation.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network incidents, providing root cause analysis and documenting information in tickets and knowledge repositories.
- Willing to work nights for network Change Request (CR) implementations and be a part of the on-call rotation for any network incidents that may be escalated from the Network Operations Security Center (NOSC).
- Past experience within the Department of Homeland Security or other government agency is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-5 years hands-on experience with Cisco routing, switching and firewall technology (e.g., ISR, ASR, CSR, ASA, Nexus, TACACS/ISE)
- 2-5 years working in a WAN environment, strong experience in incident and operations management
- Strong knowledge of routing/switching, firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
- High level architectural and operational experience with complex networks.
- Very strong knowledge of routing protocols (e.g., BGP, EIGRP, OSPF) and network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, GRE, IPSEC, and VRF)
- Strong knowledge of IT security related to networks and applications with solutions to mitigate those issues.
- Must be able to work evening change request windows and provide on-call support after normal business hours as required.
- Must have experience creating/writing design documentation, diagrams and other project artifact deliverables
- Must be extremely resourceful in learning a very complex and dynamically changing network
- Must be able to work independently in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco technologies
BA / BS (relevant field); relevant experience may be a substitute for education.
CCNP, CCIE, Palo Alto, F5
Palo Alto firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, BlueCoat/Symantec Proxies, SDN/SD-WAN, Cloud (AWS, Azure, O365), SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Unix/Linux, Python, Perl, NetScout.
TechnologyView all jobs at Versar, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?