Graphic Print Artist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Graphic Print Artist will work alongside other studio team members as an integral part of the creative and production staff that drive the success of Versa Designed Surfaces. The Graphic Print Artist will prepare files for color, layout, and technical specifications for wide web printing. Other duties include assisting designers in creative concept development, assisting digital print technicians in loading and unloading material for digital printers, recording data in an ERP system, and other duties involved in a digital printing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preflight, Color Correct, and Layout Design Files to Technical Specifications and Color Targets.
- Assist in material handling on digital printers.
- Assist in Prototype File Development and Creation.
- Collaborate with Designers and Studio Personnel in obtaining Design Approvals for Color and Layouts.
- Attends regular design review meetings and keeps current of assigned projects and deadlines
- Must work well as part of a design group within an open studio environment. Ability to work under deadline pressures, yet keep a positive attitude. Strong work ethic and commitment is key.
- Works as part of a creative design and production team with opportunity for greater creative latitude upon demonstration of skill set.
- May be required to fill in with the development of specific projects/ brand designs.
- Verbal, written, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Ability to take initiative and manage and complete multiple tasks per deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, and/or Three Years’ Experience in developing files for wide web printing.
- High proficiency in Photoshop.
- Successful Scoring on a Color Test.
- Possesses creative abilities, an interest in pattern and design, a sensitivity to color and color combinations.
- High energy and a desire to create patterns that will keep VDS at the forefront of the market.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Versa Designed Surfaces
AddressNew Albany, IN
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?