- Posted: over a month ago
The Designer/Stylist is an integral part of the creative and technical staff that drive the success of Versa Designed Surfaces. The Designer is expected to create salable wallcovering patterns and colors based on market input, trend analysis and innate design ability. Other duties include developing color palettes, approving design and color prototypes, computer aided color development, aesthetic sign-off for production tools and trials, assembly of market test displays, sample cards, trend boards, approval of production color matching, attendance at group meetings. This position may require some overnight travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops aesthetic and marketable wallcovering patterns/designs for manufacture and distribution in commercial markets to include original design concepts, purchased artwork and/or external design resources
• Designs repeatable patterns that are conducive to rotogravure, digital, and other manufacturing processes
• Develops color palettes based on sales information and color trends through CAD/Photoshop and/or AVA system
• Matches and approves color samples in both prototype and production
• Ensures production prototype standards are complete, correct and submitted in a timely manner
• Understands the manufacturing process in order to design within manufacturing parameters
• Aesthetic approval of production tool engraving and trial runs
• Provides production line approvals for initial runs of new products for select designs
• Attends regular design review meetings and updates log of projects and deadlines
• Must work well as part of a design group within an open studio environment. Ability to work under deadline pressures, yet keep a positive attitude. Strong work ethic and commitment is key.
• Assists on diverse range of studio and company projects
• Works as part of a creative design team with opportunity for greater creative latitude upon demonstration of skill set
• Collaborates and communicates directly with distributor/converter design teams on assigned projects to ensure design/technical and project timeline objectives are met.
• Travels to trade shows, or on market test trips as representative of VDS. Professional presentation and decorum expected.
• Works closely with Marketing team & external Creative teams in providing creative input for select graphics, promotional/marketing materials, advertising, websites, tradeshows, etc.
• Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts, Textile Design, Surface Pattern Design, or related.
• 3+ years of relevant design experience (including color blending) in the commercial wallcovering or adjacent industry and a demonstrated portfolio of projects
• High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design and color management software applications
• Possesses creative abilities, an interest in surface pattern and design, and sensitivity to color and color combinations
• Superior communication skills – both written and verbal
• High energy and a desire to create patterns that will keep Versa at the forefront of the market. Verbal, written, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to take initiative and manage and complete multiple tasks per deadlines.
• Must reside/relocate to metro Louisville, KY area
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Versa Designed Surfaces
AddressNew Albany, IN
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?