Verrill Farm Concord, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a hard-working prep cook to join our busy team. The prep cook is required to perform basic cooking duties, monitor stock levels, and take on culinary tasks as they arise.
To be a successful prep cook, you should understand and be willing to comply with food and sanitation guidelines and regulations, be quick and diligent, and be willing to improve on the job. A top-notch prep cook should be able to follow instructions, have decent knife skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Setting up and sanitizing workstations.
- Following prep lists created by chefs.
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings, and preparing cooking ingredients such as soup stock to be used in the cooking process.
- Following recipes with consistent results.
- Preparing simple dishes, such as entrees or salads.
- Ensuring all food items are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Assisting chefs in preparing food and attending to any culinary tasks that arise.
- Supervising food and cooling room temperatures.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.
Prep Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary school training would be advantageous.
- Experience as a prep cook may be advantageous.
- Manual dexterity to operate cooking tools such as knives.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Physical endurance to work long shifts in a busy environment.
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
Verrill FarmWhy Work Here?
family farm, nice people, great work environment!
To nourish the body and soul of our customers by providing healthful food of superb flavor in surroundings of beauty. Through the use of sound and efficient farming practices, we strive to maintain our land and animals in good health, and provide a good living for our employees and a reasonable return to the owners.
11 Wheeler RdConcord, MA
FoodView all jobs at Verrill Farm