Associate Director of Accounting
At Verrica Pharmaceuticals Inc., we are passionate about developing medications for skin diseases requiring medical interventions. If approved, our lead product candidate, VP-102 (YCANTH™), would be the only product approved by the FDA to treat molluscum - a common, highly contagious skin disease that effects an estimated six million people in the United States, primarily children. Verrica is also currently conducting a Phase 2 trial for its injectable drug candidate VP-315 for the potential treatment of basal cell carcinoma. If you want to work in an environment that uses your unique skills and abilities in a fast-paced, small-pharma environment, we're the team for you!
The Associate Director of Accounting will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage the monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the publicly filed financial statements, payroll function and supervise the accounts payable function.
The Associate Director of Accounting will report to and work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, prepare journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Manage the preparation and filing of SEC financial statements, registrations and other compliance filings. Ensure financial statements are in compliance with SEC, XBRL, GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Manage payroll function including processing semi-monthly payroll, management of 401K Plan and assist with other benefits.
- Ensure all equity activity is input in software system including the fair value calculation of stock option expense and quarterly disclosure reporting.
- Assist with implementation and support of operational and business systems necessary to manage a commercial pharmaceutical company including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Participate in strategic financial projects including gross to net reporting, Sunshine Act Reporting, Transparency program and implementation of Netsuite inventory module.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment, including implementing procedures for compliance with 404B and transition to 404A requirements.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners and Director FP&A to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report.
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements.
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Accounting degree required - CPA or MBA, credential preferred.
- 7-10 years of progressive finance/accounting experience required.
- Previous experience with a public Company required.
- Strong communication skills to work with all levels of management within the Company.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting, controlling and finance operations.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and superior analysis skills.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and working collaboratively.
Verrica PharmaceuticalsWest Chester, PA
Finance and InsuranceView All Verrica Pharmaceuticals Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.