The Verre Eye Clinic, located in Menomonee Falls, is seeking a patient care representative that is highly organized and has the ability to multitask in a busy four provider clinic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: greeting patients, scheduling appointments & testing, working with various clinics & hospitals, verifying insurance, collecting demographic information, collecting fees, triaging, and other general clerical duties as necessary. Must have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment. Medical terminology and ophthalmology experience preferred.
Additional responsibilities include the collection and processing of cash payments, retrieving faxes and charts, and prioritizing patient requests. These responsibilities need to be accomplished while demonstrating a high level of customer service to patients their families, co-workers clinic visitors while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, patients, and outside care services
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under high level pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently with prescribed routines & standard accepted practices and to complete assignments within parameters and with instructions given.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing high-pace environment
- Demonstrates self-direction and initiative in accomplishing day to day tasks
- Must have general understanding of Medicare and commercial insurances
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to learn medical ophthalmology terminology
- Performs other duties as required
- Organizes and develops logs and scheduling records for the reception and scheduling areas
- Greets patients promptly and professionally
- Prints and distributes schedules
- Prepares patient charts with appropriate forms
- Prepares financial reports and balances cash drawer each day
- Maintain and complies with patient confidentiality and integrity policy on all matters
- Gives occasional lunch and telephone relief for other staff
- Assists other patient staff as needed
- Rotates opening and closing responsibilities with other team members
- Cross trains between medical record and specialty testing
- Answers doctors’ phone calls in technician area if no technician staff are around
- Collects co-payments and other fees when appropriate
- Registers patient by gathering, verifying, and entering in demographic/insurance information
- Obtains signed registration sheets, record releases, and other forms as necessary
- Verifies upcoming appointments
- Properly triages patients and phone calls
- Handles inquiries about insurances accepted, office hours, services, location, exam fees, and doctor information
- Answers high volumes of calls while checking in/checking out patients
Education: 4 year bachelors degree, 3+ years customer service experience in medical clinic required. Please no calls. Send resume and cover letter to the email listed above.