An ophthalmology practice seeking a compassionate individual with the aptitude to train as ophthalmic technician. Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment, must have a strong work ethic, and professional demeanor. Duties will include working up patients (history, VA, applanation tonometry, refracting), doing fundus photography, OCT, IOL master and performing preliminary testing. Salary commensurate with work experience. Full time position with PTO, paid holidays, health and dental benefits, and 401K.
- Responsible for specialty testing
- loading physician rooms
- maintains all patient’s medical record by filing charts
- Works with physicians and pharmacies to coordinate filling patient prescriptions
- Follows all clinical staff policies and procedures
- Competent in performing all ancillary clinical testing including:
- Visual Fields
- Fundus photography
- Understands basic patient exam and how to perform all preliminary exam skills
- Demonstrates proper documentation in patient charts
- Demonstrates great communication skills
- General clerical duties
The right candidate will have great problem solving skills, a superior level of organization, demonstrate initiative, multitask/prioritize in a busy environment and be willing to treat each patient with the highest level of patient care. Willing to train. Please no phone calls, rather email your resume with a cover letter to the listed email address.