IT Support Engineer (Remote - Worldwide)
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Remote - Worldwide (with significant overlap with Europe and US business hours)
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Senior Director, Technology Solutions
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world’s most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improving livelihoods, and protecting natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools, and programs that credibly, transparently, and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding for sustaining and scaling up projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we see a need for clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) -- the world’s leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1600 registered projects in 80 countries accounting for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume.
- Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta) -- a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
- Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards -- to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities, and conserve biodiversity.
- Plastic Waste Reduction Program -- to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
Verra is seeking an IT Support Engineer to ensure Verra’s IT and desktop support services meet the needs of its global employees and stakeholders.
A day with Verra’s Program Team might include:
- Remotely monitor and resolve IT issues, business data, and events while identifying gaps in the support process and amending them accordingly
- Install, configure, and maintain computers, peripherals, mobile devices, phones, and software
- Provide software application support, analyze software application functionality and suggest improvements
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading:
- Management of Verra’s internet and information technologies (IT) assets
- Support Verra’s technology enablement and training program for employees
- Provide support for user provisioning, software licenses, and hardware and cloud applications
- Consult with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application usability and performance
- Assist the IT Department with mobilizing and demobilizing technology
- Review and manage Microsoft 365 security alerts, and plan and implement threat protection
You bring with you:
- Hands-on Helpdesk and Desktop support
- At least an associate degree with 2-3 three years of relevant experience in the IT section of an organization
- High level of understanding of Microsoft Windows and Office 365
- Passionate about technology and updates ion IT
- Technology Certification (such as from Microsoft, Google, or CompTIA A+)
- Ability to identify and resolve IT issues on time
- Experience working on security software, and policy documents is a plus
- Experience provisioning, configuring, and managing Virtual Machines in the Azure cloud is a plus
- The ability to configure users and applications using Azure AD is a plus
- The ability to work across timezones and with people of various cultural backgrounds
You will know you are successful, if:
- You are seen as a go-to resource by your peers and as a reliable and capable member of the team by your manager.
- You build your understanding of challenges and opportunities faced by users of the Verra programs and are able to effectively help address barriers and capitalize on opportunities to foster greater environmental and social impact.
- You can manage a high volume of work because you are highly organized and know how to plan ahead.
- Verra employees feel supported in their IT needs and rate IT support/help desk services as timely and highly effective.
You will join a team:
- From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market experts, project developers, consultants, policymakers, researchers, auditors, and more.
- Committed to driving project developments using digital tools that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs.
- That embodies Verra’s values, which include Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, Verra pays employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the salary range is USD $69,679 - $84,158, depending on experience. We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package, which also includes:
- Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO) comprising 22-30 days plus ten floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
*Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us*
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Verra
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?