Fast-paced volume insurance defense law firm located in Jacksonville, FL seeks qualified Legal Assistant with a minimum 2 years of experience. The applicant must be self-motivated, a team player, and must have the ability to work well with others. Must be able to manage deadlines, experience with scheduling EUOs, depositions, site inspections, hearings, special-set hearings, etc. Candidates must have successfully prepared at least five cases through trial. Candidate must be familiar with the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure. Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: preparing and drafting correspondence, pleadings, motions, discovery responses and e-filing of same timely, medical records summary, scheduling (EUOs, hearings, depositions, site inspections, etc.) and answering phone calls. A cover letter, resume and references are required to apply for this position. The ability to follow directions and pay attention to detail is mandatory. We offer a complete benefits package with vacation and paid sick days .
All correspondence shall be directed to: Hiring Attorney
- Vacation (5 days after 90 day probationary period)
- Sick (3 days after 90 day probationary period)
- Holiday Pay
- Voluntary Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental coverage for Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- High School Diploma ( and a two-year degree is preferred)
- 2 years prior experience in a law firm or in-house legal department as a legal assistant and/or paralegal.
- Proven administrative/clerical/organizational abilities.
- Proficient in Office 2010 (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
We are interested in speaking with qualified legal professionals that share the same philosophy of providing exceptional, cost-effective, personal representation to our clients.
Vernis & Bowling
Why Work Here?With eighteen (18) offices located throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina and Mississippi, we take pride in the racial, ethnic and religious diversity reflected by our attorneys and staff. Each of our offices reflect the diversity and make-up of the regions we serve. We are interested in speaking with qualified legal professionals that share the same philosophy of providing exceptional, cost-effective, personal representation to our clients.
We offer a friendly atmosphere and competitive compensation package including excellent benefits, which include a 401k and health insurance.