Miami office seeks self motivated Legal assistants to join their growing team. It is an exciting and challenging position that helps manage first property, construction defect and general liability claims. The ideal candidates must have a minimum of 2 year's experience in insurance defense in a law firm environment. Will work with department managing attorney, associates and paralegals in providing litigation support. This position will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Heavy scheduling of EUOs, depositions, corporate rep depositions, hearings, mediation, site inspections, including complex third party case scheduling, etc.
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- E-filing of pleadings as requested
- Review all incoming mail, diary deadlines for attorneys/paralegals to respond
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain all case party information accurately in case information software
- Review and submit vendor invoices to accounting for processing
- Monitor deadlines and manage attorney calendars
- Preparing attorney for hearings, depositions, site inspections, trials, etc.
- Run conflict checks
- Open/close files
- Document management
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, Florida Rules of Civil Procedures and protocols, and court system
- Knowledge of Federal Rules, a plus
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organisational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma a plus
We are interested in speaking with qualified legal professionals that share the same philosophy of providing exceptional, cost-effective, personal representation to our clients.
Vernis & Bowling
Why Work Here?With eighteen (18) offices located throughout Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina and Mississippi, we take pride in the racial, ethnic and religious diversity reflected by our attorneys and staff. Each of our offices reflect the diversity and make-up of the regions we serve. We are interested in speaking with qualified legal professionals that share the same philosophy of providing exceptional, cost-effective, personal representation to our clients.
We offer a friendly atmosphere and competitive compensation package including excellent benefits, which include a 401k and health insurance.