Due to continued growth our Miami office seeks Legal Assistants/Paralegals with a minimum of 2 years of insurance defense litigation experience to join our defense team. We have multiple positions open at this time.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, i.e. motions, subpoenas, notices
- Review and receipt of eservice mail and US mail.
- Document management
- Scheduling, calendar, prepare hearing exhibits and hearing binders
- Manage deadlines timely.
- Exhibit workplace professionalism, teamwork
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Calendar court deadlines
- Knowledge of Florida Rules of Procedure.
- Trial preparation a plus
Critical to success is attention to detail, follow-through, accuracy, communication and organization. Excellent grammar and proof-reading skills required. The ability to follow directions and pay attention to detail is mandatory.
A cover letter, resume and references are required to apply for this position.
We offer a complete benefits package with vacation and paid sick days.
- Type 65-75 wpm
- Knowledge of Aderant Total Office and Juris a plus
- Knowledge of L & A Codes
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)