Permanency Clinician - Hartford/Springfield, VT
Vermont Support & Stabilization Springfield, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Becket Family of Services has been serving New England youth and families since 1964 with 50+ locations in New England. Join our growing team and help make a difference in the lives of local youth and families.
We are looking for a team player within our community based service model, Vermont Support & Stabilization (VTSS), that will be excited to provide innovative and dynamic individual and family therapy for at risk and adjudicated youth involved in the community.
This position is being sought in our Central/Southeastern region, covering the Hartford and Springfield areas.
Becket’s Clinical Services are intended to provide short term support and stabilization. As such, services provided by the Permanency Clinician and their teams should generally be focused on helping clients and their families identify and utilize long-term community supports and natural supports as well as agencies in the community. The right candidate will have post-school/training experience conducting therapy, will be licensed or licensed-eligible as a mental health counselor, psychologist, or social worker, and have experience working with traumatized children and/or adolescents.
Why Join Becket, VTSS:
- Remarkable Career Opportunity - We provide valuable professional training and skills development for a career in the expanding human services field.
- We develop our teams and generally promote from within.
- Our benefits and time off ( up to 4+ weeks in one's first yr. ) are among the best in our field.
- Rewarding experience helping local youth and families.
- All employees are issued a company vehicle, laptop, and smartphone for work tasks.
Permanency Clinician Duties:
- Lead Clinical oversight on all assigned cases in terms of permanency and family and youth guided treatment.
- Provide individual and family therapy as indicated in the treatment plan.
- Establish clear treatment goals and clinically appropriate recommendations for treatment and interventions.
- Direct and support the activities of the Permanency Coordinator to ensure client and family interactions are goal oriented and clinically appropriate.
- Case management and clinical (individual, family, group) support to youth and their families
- Provide clinical support for individuals and their families to overcome obstacles, identify strengths, and develop support networks to help overcome barriers.
- Support, educate, and guide in developing structure, routines, effective parenting skills, positive communication, safety, behavioral plans and hygiene plans.
- Other services provided are based on individual and family needs (i.e., nutrition and meal planning, household budgeting, etc.).
- Intakes and treatment plans with caregiver goals and activity formulation.
- Assessments, weekly reports, group facilitation, and periodic review with external stakeholders.
- Attend weekly supervision and participate in team meetings and case reviews.
- Master's in social work (MSW), mental health counseling (MHC) preferred. Related fields also welcome: (LMFT, LICSW, LCSW, LADC, etc.).
- If not licensed, must either be on, or able to obtain, rostering of non-licensed and noncertified psychotherapists.
- Valid driver's license with currently active car insurance.
- Satisfactory completion of background, driving, and applicable licensing checks.
- Participation in the on-call rotation providing emergency services for clients.
- Becket offers highly competitive compensation commensurate with skills, experience, and education.
- Up to 4+ weeks of paid time off in the first year.
- On the job professional Human Services training, skills development and career leadership opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement, Short & Long Term Disability, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, AD&D, and Employee Assistance Programs.
To keep our staff and clients safe, we are requiring staff to wear masks during client and family interaction. We also perform COVID-19 screenings prior to any visit with a client or their family.