- Posted: over a month ago
Vermont Federal Credit Union is a growing financial cooperative in Northwestern Vermont, currently serving over 40,000 members. We are looking for friendly, self-motivated individuals who enjoy helping people, have strong communication skills, are detail-oriented and enjoy working as part of a team.
We partner with quality companies offering top notch benefits of the traditional and nontraditional types. We have competitive health care and 401k matches, a local employee assistance program, and other wellness benefits. Please visit our website for full details of our benefits program. We currently seek to fill the following position(s):
Systems Administrator - Burlington, VT:
Vermont Federal Credit Union is seeking to fill a Systems Administrator position in our Information Services Department. The Systems Administrator must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks and will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the organizations computer systems infrastructure.
- Administer the company’s information systems hardware and software to provide a reliable and efficient computing environment.
- Maintain and administer network servers, virtual environment, storage area network and technology tools.
- Keep existing systems running efficiently; plan and implement software and hardware upgrades and additions.
- Maintain integrity and security of network and database infrastructure,
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability, analyze and isolate issues.
- Ensure security through Active Directory, firewalls, web filters and virus/malware protection, server patching.
- Work independently trouble-shooting problems and researching capabilities of current or proposed products.
- Review and act on security information and event management logs.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation, procedures, and knowledge base articles.
- Assure compatibility of the production and disaster recovery environments. Periodically review and test contingency / backup plans for all systems.
- Support Help Desk personnel to resolve escalated service incidents.
- Deliver outstanding service in alignment with the Credit Union's Service Promises.
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Experience in supporting virtual environment, PC/LAN hardware, software and communication products.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and/or PC system administration, Virtual environment infrastructure, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, telecommunications.
- Specific experience with VMWare and Veeam Enterprise Backup and Replication, MS-SQL and Oracle databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages such as Java, .NET, HTML and data communications.
- Understanding of industry standards regarding systems and network security.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
Please be sure to attach your resume. Applications without an attached resume will be considered incomplete. Vermont Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vermont Federal Credit Union
AddressSouth Burlington, VT
TechnologyView all jobs at Vermont Federal Credit Union