Maintenance - Part Time
- Posted: over a month ago
Performs general maintenance duties and maintains neatness and function of the facility building, equipment and grounds.
- High School or Equivalent, vocational preferred.
- Experience in plumbing, heating/cooling, electrical systems, carpentry and/or general building maintenance is preferred.
- Ability to read, speak and communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to lead and willingness to cooperate with management, staff and residents/families.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- MN Driver's License and good driving record.
- Ability to work independently and follow multiple directions; prioritizing and multi-tasking favorable
Hours of Work:
As Scheduled, Salaried Works weekends as necessary. Will make periodic visits to all shifts. On call status as needed.
- Assist with facility marketing plans as delegated by campus Administrator or Director Supervisor
- Participate in Outside events to promote Advertising/Marketing (i.e. Senior Dining Service Advertisements, Facility Group functions, Sponsorships)
- Maintains a positive working relationship with outside vendors and contractors.
- Provides effective communication with other individuals (i.e. courtesy when answering the phones, assists visitors, guests and residents in finding their way around the building, does not gossip about, degrade or tarnish the reputation of the facility or any fellow employee)
- Assure that the environmentally related needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis
- Participate in development and implementation of safety plans and assessments for the residents
- Participate in Resident Council meetings as warranted
- Make supportive visits to residents to assist with any environmental related concerns or suggestions.
- Complete the necessary duties related to the maintenance programs of this facility
- Assists with the compliance of a preventative maintenance program (inspects, maintains, records and communicates with Direct of Environmental Services)
- Maintain a preventative maintenance system. Performs inspections and tests as outlined by the facility's preventative maintenance program (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly) and document after each check.
- Follows department policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make any recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Director of Environmental Services.
- Review department policies and procedures, at least annually and participate in making recommended changes
- Ensures that all required inspections are completed in a timely manner and that appropriate documentation is completed and up-to-date in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Participates in the call schedule for the facility to ensure all emergency repair requests are handled.
- Performs maintenance on such facility equipment as: wheelchairs, beds, electric motors, desk and chairs, heating and ventilating exhaust fans.
- Assesses need for paint and repair inside and outside of building and makes needed maintenance and repair in a timely manner
- Maintain grounds and upkeep around the building including but not limited to snow removal, laying down salt, mow/rake law, and weed removal.
- Coordinate security systems to assure locks are kept in correct working order.
- Responsible for annual test of sprinkler system and monthly test of fire alarm and generator systems.
- Utilizes and adheres to appropriate precaution/techniques with hazardous chemicals, blood and body fluids, medical waste, and/or equipment.
- Does not allow unimportant interruptions to waste time at the expense of assigned duties.
- Interview resident/families as necessary in a private setting
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as required, and as appointed by the Director of Environmental Services
- Attend and participate in the annual OSHA and CDC in-service training programs for hazard communication, and other in-services as necessary or recommended.
- Assist in collecting data for QA indicators as directed by the Director of Environmental Services
- Implement recommendations from the Quality Assurance Committee as they relate to the Quality Assurance program
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility
- Wears name tag at all times
- Inventories incoming supplies as directed related to departmental responsibility
- Completes other duties as delegated
- Pre plan ordering of supplies and linens; monitor for discounts/sales or ability to order in bulk, verify invoices for accuracy of pricing/cost, return any items when possible
- Perform a cost analysis of maintenance contracts and offer input if the cost is beneficial to the service offered.
- Monitor expenses of department and implement any necessary changes as directed by the Director of Environmental Services and/or administrator
- Offers input for capital equipment budget
- Request repairs for equipment as necessary.
- Reports safety and environment hazards.
- Conducts drills to allow employees to practice safety and review policies and procedures in the event of an actual emergency.
- Responds appropriately to fire drills, codes, etc
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment
- Responsible to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the building and grounds are completed
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Vermilion Senior Living
Real EstateView all jobs at Vermilion Senior Living