Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 170 locations, and we do business with more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we're also a new company, shaping our systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can realize your full potential.
The Field Sales Representative will develop and execute the sales strategy to be successful in a highly competitive environment. This role requires unique insight in applying Packaging solutions to existing and new customers.
As a member of the Veritiv team, you inspire leading companies to work smarter with our Packaging Solutions such as Custom Packaging, Material Innovation and Sustainable Sourcing, Equipment Solutions and Support. You champion the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, help shape their success and take on new opportunities.
- Actively engaging in new business development opportunities by cold calling, prospecting and generating new leads.
- Generate a plan to ensure broad penetration into large accounts within the territory.
- Develop and provide custom presentations on Packaging solutions to customers.
- Develop strategies to be successful in a competitive environment.
- Partner collaboratively with your team (design engineers, sales support, sourcing team, marketing etc...) to grow the business with new and existing customers.
- Align with territory sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
- Meet individualized segment sales, gross profit and margin goals as determined by Veritiv management.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in territory, as well as, prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
- Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Engage in development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
Why join Veritiv:
- Base salary + uncapped commission compensation structure
- Professional development within a Fortune 500 company
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, vision, dental, and many more options.
- 401k with company match beginning day 1
- Applications skills: Microsoft Office and SalesForce.com desired
- 3+ years demonstrated successful experience in territory sales desired
- Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer/M/F/V/D. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv's legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf